Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you hate your job?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you hate your job?

I  loved my job.  I am retired now but wish I could go back at times.  I would guess that 90% of the people out there would not do my job because they would be afraid of it. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 11 of 36
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

Afraid?

What were you?

Millwright?

Starting Score: 577 01/10/2010
Current Score: 660 07/06/2012
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 36
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@cajunboy2208 wrote:

Afraid?

What were you?

Millwright?

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Dept...... I worked in the jail.  Most turn a little green when they learn where I worked.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 13 of 36
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

I don't necessarily hate my job, but I know I'm capable of more and am unfortunately kind of stuck in my field because I never finished college. It's a decent field, but I have no desire to retire in it...too much stress and not high-enough pay. As soon as I can get over my fear of going back to school while working full-time with two small children (I already get so little sleep!) I think it will become more of a means to an end for me, and will stop being so stressful since I'll know I'm working toward bigger and better things. I always say that if I were to win the lottery, I would quit my job and actually go back to college full-time. Even if I didn't have to work, I still want that degree.

I also work for a municipality, so the constant fear of lay-offs always looms near. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cajunboy2208 wrote:

Just curious to see how many people are in the same situation I am in.

I hate my job, but I like the money.

I can't just switch careers and do something I would enjoy and make the same, without having to go to school.

So, are you forced to stay at your job because of pay?

It is at those trying times that I try to visualize all of the thing that I love that my job affords me.....after all, none of us actually work for money.  We work for what money buys us, now or in the future.  I have found that when I think of what I love and my family loves and the opportunities that my pay provides, then it makes my job more palatable.  But judging my work on its own merits of joy, no I can't say that I love my job.

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 11-12-2009 12:40 PM
Message 15 of 36
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Job?!  What's that? Smiley Very Happy

I did like my job, when I had one!

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like my current job but I preferred my first job.  My first job was as an Auto Tech doing driveability and electronics.  I loved the troubleshooting part of  the job but they don't pay Auto Techs to troubleshoot so I couldn't make any money.  Now I work as an Electronics Tech / Operator.  Most of the job is operations but they pay Tech wages.  I don't like the operation side of it I really just want to do troubleshooting and repair work but not enough call for that.  Most of the people I work with a great and the pay is a lot better than anything I could make as an Auto Tech.

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate my job so much, I'm starting to hate your job. Tomorrow's Monday!!!!
Message 18 of 36
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

No, I love my job. I love the pay. I just hope I get to keep it as long as I want it.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Message 19 of 36
sleigh

I love my job. Not everyday mind you, but I do love the people I work for. They treat me like family, and let me have some input on ways the business should be run. Plus they pay me an absurd amount of money and it makes me love them even moreSmiley Wink
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.