Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you hate your job?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Do you hate your job?

Actually I enjoy my work very much and the pay is excellent, so overall I am extremely fortunate.  My biggest complaint is the workload; as I've said to various colleagues many times over the years in the perfect job I would do exactly what I do, but have half as many projects per year!  They understand perfectly because most of them feel the same way.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 21 of 36
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I arrive @ 9:30am....read my email & facebook while I have my morning snack.

12:00 - 1:00...we watch one episode of the Sopranos, I am paid for lunch.

2:30 - go home.

Yep, I LOVE IT!!

Message 22 of 36
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

@I arrive @ 9:30am....read my email & facebook while I have my morning snack.

12:00 - 1:00...we watch one episode of the Sopranos, I am paid for lunch.

2:30 - go home.

Yep, I LOVE IT!!

Smiley Surprised  I want YOUR job!

I enjoy what I do...but my contract is up at the end of Feb.  I have been posting my resume & looking all over for something to app for.  If I were to accept a 1.5 hr travel each way, I could get something by Dec 1st!

Right now, my job does allow me to spend lots of time here throughout the day with you folks....as long as my systems are running smoothly.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 23 of 36
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

Actually, I love my job. It is in my chosen field (IT) & the pay is good. There is room for promotional opportunities, so I don't feel like I'm banging my head against a glass ceiling.

I've heard people say that they knew they had "made it" when they bought this or bought that. Perhaps my tastes are simple, but I felt I had made it when I could actually pay all my bills in the month they were actually due.

Cheers!

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

"If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life."  Don't know who said it but it's sooooooooooo true!
Message 25 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

I like my job for the most part.  It's the reason how I'm able to come to this site for hours while at work.  My job is my first out of college.  All good things must come to an end.  I'm preparing to move on soon. Hope to be attending or working at Univ. of Miami soon.
Message 26 of 36
heatherbee
Valued Member

Sometimes.  It depends on what we do on any given day.  I'm in Iraq right now, and some days are good, some of them not so much.  It really depends on what we are doing.  But I can't complain too much.  I've got a paycheck coming twice a month, benefits, and I'm getting out of debt.  Hooray!

Message 27 of 36
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
"If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life."  Don't know who said it but it's sooooooooooo true!

I love that!!!

I have that quote in a little book a friend bought me years ago. It's called "Think On" & it's filled with so many great little sayings.  I'll take a look when I get home & see if the author is there.

Another I like is... "You can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone"

Message 28 of 36
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@heatherbee wrote:

Sometimes.  It depends on what we do on any given day.  I'm in Iraq right now, and some days are good, some of them not so much.  It really depends on what we are doing.  But I can't complain too much.  I've got a paycheck coming twice a month, benefits, and I'm getting out of debt.  Hooray!

Take care of yourself over there Hon....We want to hear from you safe & sound back here in the good 'ol USA soon!!!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 36
marty56
Super Contributor

For those who are in striking distance of retirement, if you hate your job because of the people there, think to yourself they are making it easier to retire.

I really do hate most of the people at work but I am very much aware how lucky I am to have a stable job in a low cost of living area. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.