Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have an animal?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have an animal?

I have only come across a couple of people in my lifetime who said that they have  "never" had an animal of any kind in their  whole life.  I find this amazing.  I can't even imagine  life without an animal roaming the house or going places with me.  IMO,  those people have missed a great deal in life from not experiencing  that "special" love that animals give to you. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Until recently we had 4 cats, now we have 3.  I inherited my long-haired tuxedo about 13 years ago from an ex-roommate that couldn't keep her.  DH adopted him whole-heartedly when we married.  (We had to put him down earlier this year, he was really sick and he was too far gone by time he was diagnosed.)  After a few years of having an only "child" we got a short-hair tuxedo that was born to a stray who lived in a friend's backyard.  The older one had a hard transition to having a "step-brother" and the kitten was so lonely that we got his real brother two weeks later, he is all black except for one tiny little white patch on his belly.  There is something so special about getting animals from the same litter, they just have an amazing bond that I haven't seen in the best of animal friends who aren't related.  5 years ago, DH's coworker couldn't keep his female tuxedo, and clearly seeing that we needed yet another kitty dressed in formal wear, we took her. 

Shortly after we got the last one, I found out that I wasn't actually sick all the time, but I was actually allergic to my cats!  So I won't be getting another one no matter how much I want to.  Someday we'll get a puppy, I'm not allergic to dogs.

Message 12 of 37
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Never had a dog in my adult life until three years ago.  Got a puppy for my son as he is an only child and I thought the dog would be good for him and teach him responsibiity.  wanted a non-shedding dog and something small that would be ok in my condo, not require excessive amounts of exercize, etc...so I bought a yorkie and Oscar is so cute (his pic is here!), a living and loving stuffed animal!

I have never loved an animal as much as Oscar.  I'm pretty sure that I love my dog more than some humans....

I do believe imhotrodcrazy, those folks that do not have any pets are missing out....Try this: Lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour - return and find out who is happy to see you!!!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 37
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

daisyduke wrote:

I'm pretty sure that I love my dog more than some humans.... 

I agree with you on this.  I have made this same statement many times over the years. 

Try this: Lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour - return and find out who is happy to see you!!!

I would have loved  to try this one the spouse, but I have been divorced for many years.   As far as my dog, I wouldn't torture her by doing that. Smiley Very Happy    But we both know the outcome.   Dogs are loyal, most people aren't.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 14 of 37
MICHELLEAHARTWELL
Established Member

i want a dog so bad but because I'm trying to work on improving my FICO scores I can't afford one right nowSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 705 TU AND EQ
Goal Score: 760

Message 15 of 37
MattH
Senior Contributor

daisyduke wrote: ...

I do believe imhotrodcrazy, those folks that do not have any pets are missing out....Try this: Lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour - return and find out who is happy to see you!!!

Even when I genuinely try to give my wife unconditional love after a she has had a bad day, sometimes I cannot comfort her as well as our cat can: our cat can give her a type of pure affection that as a human I can't.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 16 of 37
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@MattH wrote:

Even when I genuinely try to give my wife unconditional love after a she has had a bad day, sometimes I cannot comfort her as well as our cat can: our cat can give her a type of pure affection that as a human I can't.

That's  why our animals are so "special" to us.  That love can not be duplicated. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 17 of 37
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Someone sent this to me some years back when I lost a dog who meant the world to me, so I thought I would share it with you.

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.  When

an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,

that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.  There are meadows and hills for

all our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is

plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and

comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill or old are restored to health and

vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong

again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;

they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left

behind.  They run and play together, but the day comes when one

suddenly stops and looks into the distance.  Her bright eyes are

intent, her eager body quivers.  Suddenly she begins to run from the

group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and

faster.

You have been spotted, and you and your special friend

finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, never to be

parted again.  The happy kisses rain upon you face; your hands

again caress that beloved head and you look once more into the

trusting eyes  of your pet, so long gone from your life but never

absent from your heart.

Then you cross that Rainbow Bridge .................together.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 18 of 37
laz98
Senior Contributor

that was so wonderful!  thank you so much for sharing.

i love all of my animals, but there is nothing like the love of my beagles.  i don't know what i would do without them.  they are like my kiddos!

Message 19 of 37
demi
Established Contributor

My two Pugs let me live with them.  Both recycled pugs, Pearl is about 4 years old, a white pug rescued in Mexico and Tessa, 9 years old, handme down dog.  They are completely, utterly pug...and very much snorers.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.