Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have another social?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have another social?

HA!

I was signing up for service with Cingular(ATT) online today. While I was doing this I had an online rep in another window talking to me.

At the end of the process it said I didn't meet the requirements and my cart had been cleared, but I could get a go-phone(no thanks).

So, I tell the rep, I don't meet the requirements, I'll just stay with US Cellular.

She says and I quote " Do you have another social you can use"

Well, yes, let me get my list and find one that looks good.

I could not believe this. She didn't ask, can you apply in your spouse's name, go on a plan with another family, etc. She asked "Do you have another social" .

No wonder why there is so much identity theft and fraud.

On a side note:
Called customer service and I can get service, just a small deposit required, which is fine.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do you have another social?

Good goodness that's scary!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was talking to a team mate of mine about IDs and how easy it is to have your stolen inwhich she gave me her old SSn card statinging "its got my old married name on it it wont get you anything"  its still in my wallet. I can't believe she would think it would do nothing.

How do people like this get by in life?
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

sidewinder wrote:

She says and I quote " Do you have another social you can use"

This is blatant fraud! Anything for a commission I guess.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

...Or that your friend pulled her "old" social security card out of her wallet....No!No!No! It is way to easy to lose your wallet!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.