cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a SUB spending tracker?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a SUB spending tracker?

Say you have to spend $3k in 3 mos for 75k points.  How do you track your progress?  How do you track it for many cards at once?  What about upgrade bonus spending?  It would be great if Quicken or Mint or some other money management software had this capability.  Banks have APIs (some even have an open banking platform) that allow other apps to access account data. Just thinking out loud.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a SUB spending tracker?

My rent allows me to pay with credit card for a 3% fee.  Getting 1-2% (dependent upon card) back means I can use rent to hit SUBs with very little additional cost.

Doesn't help with your question, but I think it is an interesting strategy for others that might struggle to hit 3k in 3 months. Especially when considering the value of the bonus is worth more than the 1-2% out of pocket.

As for tracking, The first 2 months spending will be totalled on the statements, so just the third month spending would need to be added up independently.  If paying in full each month, the third months "current balance" would give you the running total.

Message 2 of 3
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a SUB spending tracker?

I find Excel adequate for my needs.

Posted payments - Annual Fee + CL - Available Credit = Total spend (posted and pending)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.