cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it bother you when cashiers lick their thumbs?

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does it bother you when cashiers lick their thumbs?

@KingAdrock wrote:
I do have to ask, when on earth would a server put their finger in your drink glass? I've never ever seen that.

When they are bringing out the drinks and carrying something else in their other hand, so they grab all the glasses by the inside, instead of just getting a tray or something to carry the drinks. What, are you looked at like an incompetent, if you need to use a tray?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 75
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@Junejer wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:
I do have to ask, when on earth would a server put their finger in your drink glass? I've never ever seen that.

When they are bringing out the drinks and carrying something else in their other hand, so they grab all the glasses by the inside, instead of just getting a tray or something to carry the drinks. What, are you looked at like an incompetent, if you need to use a tray?

Actually yes -- lol.  For me, you were kind of expected to be able to carry at least 5 twenty-three oz beers at once.  Bottles at least 7.  I know it's crazy.

I always used a tray if there was a CHANCE I'd touch something...,  but then again, I wasn't as 'hip' as the younger kids.  Smiley Happy  Of course, even using a tray I managed to dump a bottle on a guy.  I thought I could get thru the crowd during a play-off game w/ the tray above my head.  Everything stayed put except for a bottle of Bud Light...  eh..  bought the guy a beer and all was good!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 42 of 75
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

Actually yes -- lol.  For me, you were kind of expected to be able to carry at least 5 twenty-three oz beers at once.  Bottles at least 7.  I know it's crazy.

I always used a tray if there was a CHANCE I'd touch something...,  but then again, I wasn't as 'hip' as the younger kids.  Smiley Happy  Of course, even using a tray I managed to dump a bottle on a guy.  I thought I could get thru the crowd during a play-off game w/ the tray above my head.  Everything stayed put except for a bottle of Bud Light...  eh..  bought the guy a beer and all was good!

I'm sorry, but that's crazy. I just end up sending it back anyway, so they make twice as much work for themselves.

For those in the industry, please pass the word that customers don't want the grubby paws of their server in the mouth (directly or indirectly).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always got out of the hand-carrying b/c I have tiny, circus-freak hands. I can't even carry three shots in one hand! I can do three bottles between the fingers, but I can't palm the steins like a lot of waitresses can Smiley Happy

But FYI, restaurant trays are also SIIIIIICK. Customers don't get this chance, but if you could *smell* a tray.. ugh.. smells like a moldy gym towel... blegh... I only hope the constant spills of alcohol onto the trays help disinfect the cork to some degree...
Message 44 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nectarine wrote:

And that stripper trick involving the bills? It's actually against health regulations in some areas because of how dirty the money is. It was that way when I lived in Tulsa, it was actually covered in my food handler's class (under health violations). Ew!

Ummmmm ... does this mean it's against regulations in order to protect the strippers' health (because bills are so dirty) or to protect the patrons' health (because the bills have been ... well, you know ... )
Message 45 of 75
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

All this talk reminds me of one of George Carlin's standups.

@Anonymous Carlin wrote:

I’m gonna tell you a true story about immunization. When I was a little boy in NYC in the 1940s, we swam in the Hudson River. And it was filled with raw sewage. OK? We swam in raw sewage. You know, to cool off in the summer. And at that time the big fear was polio. Thousands of kids died from polio every year. But you wanna know something? In my neighborhood, nobody ever got polio. Nobody. Ever. And you know why? Because we swam in raw sewage. We had strenghened our immune systems. The polio never had a prayer. We were tempered in raw ****.

So personally, I never take any special precautions against germs. I don’t shy away from people who sneeze or cough, I don’t wipe off the telephone, I don’t cover the toilet seat and if I drop food on the floor I pick it up and eat it. I eat it! Even if I’m at a sidewalk café. In Calcutta. The poor section. On New Year’s morning after a soccer riot.

Message 46 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ewww. I just found this thread. Vomit...... Ehhaaaaaa

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-02-2008 03:14 PM
Message 47 of 75
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

psychic wrote:
About twice a month, I shop in a very famous "big box" discount store.  I try to use the self-service checkout whenever I can.  However, often times, the self-service registers are closed.  One thing that I find annoying is when this store's cashiers lick their thumbs before bagging, or when reaching for bills in the cash register.  It seems like a very "germy" habit.

I shopped at that "big box" store early this morning.  Each time before reaching for a new bag, my cashier licked her thumb.  Later in the morning, I called the big box chain's main customer service department and complained about the thumb-licking habit.  Their rep was very nice and sympathetic about the situation.  She documented my comments, and forwarded them to their corporate offices. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 48 of 75
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

We once ate in a steakhouse & the waitress brought over t-bone bones for my dog.  EWWW, no thanks, I had no desire to give my dog bones that someone gnawed on.  I have NO idea why that grossed me out......after all, dog's mouths are pretty dirty, lol.

So...do you wash your hands BEFORE and AFTER using the potty? 
Message 49 of 75
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:
So...do you wash your hands BEFORE and AFTER using the potty?
BEFORE? That's not cleanliness, that's OCD.
Message 50 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.