cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa Signature Card with EMV is Here!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Ebates Visa Signature Card with EMV is Here!!!

I ordered some stuff thru ebates.com. Now they are promoting the new Ebates Visa Signature with EMV chip. I still have the old one without the chip. SYNCB is now replacing every Visa/ MC card they have with new EMV Chip. The card looks the same as mine except the new EMV chip on it.

Ron.

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 11.10.46 PM.png

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ebates Visa Signature Card with EMV is Here!!!

Congrats Ron! Enjoy your new card.

I just got approved for the Ebates Visa about 10 days ago and am awaiting my card. Any tips on how to use or maximize rewards? Can you use cash back for a statement credit? I don't know anything about Ebates yet - it's still all new.

Thanks

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

also -  got my AEO Visa with Chip today. I've had AEO Visa for a while now but receved the new chip card today. I like the new design but kind of liked and miss the old dark blue also!

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im still mad I didnt get approved Smiley LOL

Thats great though! the cards with EMV tend to be thicker higher quality plastic so thats awesome!

Message 4 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

They suffered some strange glitch on mine last week where they mailed me out another brand new card but with no chip.

Message 5 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got approved for the Ebates Visa about 10 days ago and am awaiting my card. Any tips on how to use or maximize rewards? Can you use cash back for a statement credit? I don't know anything about Ebates yet - it's still all new.

Thanks

Which raises the question: why did you apply for the card!

I use mine for exactly one thing (not to be mentioned here), I find ebates rates uncompetitive with the other portals, and ebates + 3% rarely outdoes another portal + 2%  But YMMV.

Re statement credit, the rewards from ebates and from the card are combined into one sum, and for me at least, sent as a check.   Not sure if you can arrange for it to be statement credit.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Which raises the question: why did you apply for the card!

Re statement credit, the rewards from ebates and from the card are combined into one sum, and for me at least, sent as a check.   Not sure if you can arrange for it to be statement credit.

To strengthen relationship with Synchrony by having a 2nd Signature Visa card with them, and to explore the rewards - the progarm is too confusing looking to make much sense of it until you start using it. I think those are legitimate reasons, not that I need to explain them.  I was merely asking questions of a seasoned cardholder (Ron) so I could better understand.Thanks.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a  wrote:

ghgirl, don't worry - from what I have heard it is one of the harder cards to get approved for. Give it some time and try again. I was really surprised to be approved, because I had just completed an app spree 5 days prior and did not expect to get this one, which was on the tail end of applying. Excited though!

Hang in there -you will get it eventually!

Message 8 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Thanks!!! I have the card for almost two months.  They didn't have the chip when I got it. Use your card to buy thru ebate. It will maximize the cash back. No, ebates will send you the check or credit to paypal account at your choice. You will see the cash back grow.  

Ron.

Message 9 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats great though! the cards with EMV tend to be thicker higher quality plastic so thats awesome!

Sorry to hear!!! Smiley Sad It is toughest card to get approved. IMO.

Ron.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.