Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elbow grease

tag
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Elbow grease

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Well, in fact, my employers are so horrified at the economic impact that they're now offering overtime. Furthermore, my part-time job got swallowed up by someone else, and they are asking me to apply.'

So I am now looking at the possibility of working 85 hours/week! Smiley Very Happy Live free or die...

Goodness my friend, I know I put in some long hours bordering on 100+ sometimes but for the love of god, take some time for yourself, you need it. You know what I am taking about, don't forget that, ok?

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 21 of 25
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Yikes, 85 hours per week?  This economy just stinks.  DH took a 30% paycut, times are tight, grateful he still has a job though.

My job is loosely based on automotive and I do see it picking up a wee bit.  Slowly, but surely.  We also have Harley Davidson and orthopaedic knees. 

Take care of yourself HTSU, finding yourself exhausted can really wreck your health.  Be careful.

Message 22 of 25
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

The guys went on their yearly fishing trip.  One guy brought a *newbie* on the trip.  Boy was he surprised to find that he was *expected* to *dress up* for the guys as he was a *newbie*.  They still laugh about that one.

Of course, this was the same trip that DH and his buddy were using the cabin owners private, very swanky sauna.  It was wood fired.  Two twits got drunk and overloaded the fire.  Place burned to the ground.  DH swore he had nothing to do with it.  No more reservations for them at this particular camp.

Message 23 of 25
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I can remember being a toddler/youngster and not understanding elbow grease.  Smiley Happy

I went to Purdue AND IUPUI - ended up w/ a degree from IU.  I'm now halfway thru an MS in Curriculum and Instruction thru IUPUI -- another IU degree.

Hauling -- that's just crazy nuts on the drive thing.  E-freaking-gads!!!  Wanna come to IN?  You could be a substitute teacher in my building and we could carpool!  Smiley Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 24 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thank you, no, I've subbed before! I'll pick up a third 40-hour job first! Smiley Very Happy

The handy thing about the second job (if it happens) is that it's production based, and I can do 40 hours in 20-25 hours. It's reeeeeeeeeaaalllllly boring though. Smiley Tongue

I actually like the drive. And it would just be one drive there early, early Monday and one drive back on Thursday night, so it's not that bad. I like having some Me time!

Anyway, I still don't know if it will happen (probably will) or when (probably June or July.) The union's on it now, so no telling what's going to happen when those fireworks start going off. They've been gunning for my quote-unquote manager for a long time. I'm hoping I don't get too badly wounded by any collateral damage....
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.