cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone is leaving...Should I step away as well?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Everyone is leaving...Should I step away as well?

I think that if it causing more harm than good as far as tempting you to app when you need to garden -- a break is a good thing.

Someone else touched on a good point. Credit is a means to an end, not a lifestyle. While there's nothing wrong with enjoying credit as a hobby/interest like anything else, it can go too far. Don't let it consume you. At the end of the day, it's a way to pay for things, and nothing more. You sometimes get extra benefits like a tiny percentage back on your purchases -- rewards, a bonus -- however, you're still just paying for stuff, and that's it. It's nothing to revolve your life around and if that's the case, a break is a good idea. The site isn't going anywhere.

Dunno where "everyone is leaving" came from, though it does seem slower here lately with the regulars IMO.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Everyone is leaving...Should I step away as well?

@pizza1 wrote:

After reading the other OP's posts, I can relate to a lot of what was said. Its a catch 22..

If I hadnt found this forum 2 yrs ago after my BK, I wouldnt have rebuilt as well as I have, and

If I hadnt found this fourm I might still be stuck with a fingerhut card and nothing else, with scores lows 500's still,  but...

I did find this fourm and its crazy additive!!  I blame it for some of my crazy app sprees, seeing other posters getting cards, and thinking I could too, and I DID!!  30 to be exact!!!

Makes me think I need some time away from here...Im constantly checking the approvals section, and thats not healthy! LOL...I never in my life have been so obsessed with credit as I am now... Even before BK, I had like 25 cards, but those sprees were spread out like every 6-8 years, with years of gardening in between!! I didnt even know I was gardening. I come here, read the forums, and all of sudden now that I know what it is, Its like a struggle between my right and left side of my brain, and im all like..." yay me!! Ive gardened for a week!"..

Thats just not right or healthy, lol...Im too obsessed with it all. (sighs)...

IDK...I really botched Soulmasters "BK to 700 plan BAD!!" SMDH!! LOL

Im depressed about it all Smiley Sad

May I ask, "What are your financial goal(s)?" I don't need a response. It's more for you to step back, take a moment, and think about YOUR situation. You may also find it helpful to go back and review some of your most recent posts you've made on the forum. IDK if they are available, but it may be helpful to review some of your earlier posts too. It could help you get back to why you originally joined the forum. Idk the details of your story, but you may find some relief in stepping away and focusing your energy on other things. Good luck!!!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.