Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expresso/cappuccino maker

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Expresso/cappuccino maker

On my recent travels I have become more hooked on expresso & cappuccino etc. Its quite costly to buy these on a regular basis in local coffee shops and I thought it might be cool to buy an expresso/cappuccino/coffee maker etc. Does anyone have recommendations on a good machine? I don't need to make drinks in bulk mainly its for just making drinks for me and the occassional guest. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars, however I'd be willing to spend up to $150 assuming the machine is totally worth it. Any ideas of best products to look at?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Expresso/cappuccino maker

Well for that price forget anything high end.  Gaggia, brevelle, saeco and the likes.  I would recommend Nespresso.  Any of theyre lines are excellent.  I woud suggest staying away from the new Vertuo line as they do not make generic capsuls for them yet, and they arent cheap.  I have a Gaggia from italy and a Nespresso Citiz. Only use the nespresso now as its much easier and faster for a great cup.  I think I payed 150 for mine on sale at Kohls of all places.  I got the milk frother also off amazon, not the overpriced nespresso one either, I believe mine was 30 bucks compared to 100 for the nespresso.  You can def find deals on them and I think you would be happy with the nespressos.  I havent found any differences in my Macchiato compared to Starbucks except it costs about 1 buck to make it at home Smiley Happy.  Any other Questions feel free to ask.  I did alot of research lol.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Nespresso is nice but do be aware of many many "knockoff" Nespresso pods which are commonly sold on eBay or Amazon.

I love coffee and have many different machines at each home -- including a fairly ridiculously priced espresso/coffee machine that cost more than my car did in 2007 lol.

If you want amazing espresso style coffee without crazy cost, just get the Aeropress for $30.  it's stunning "espresso" style coffee without the expense, and it travels great.

I travel with an Aeropress everywhere I go.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same Nepresso machine for six years and it is cheap.  You have to order direct from Nespresso as they say they need to guarantee freshness but it ends up being a little bit expensive.  

Message 4 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

Thank you for the replies.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.