Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook

tag
demi
Established Contributor

Facebook

OK, after upteenth "a friend has asked" or whatever the line is, I finally set up a facebook account in March, then didn't look at it again until this past weekend.  Searched a few friends and accepted a few...other than that, spent a lot of time playing games!  Is it just something I am not getting....???  I don't get at all why people like it.  Is it an age thing...I get along fine with computers, but it just seems socializing that way is anti-social.

The one thing I did find that was interesting was some friends from high school...of course, since I didn't get on for 2 months, they probably think I am a jerk.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Facebook

I use it for two reasons: to catch up on old friends, for family, and for business. Per the friends, some of these I haven't seen in nearly 20 years and FB or social networking is probably the only time I'd ever communicate with them again because they are so far away. For family, even though we actually see each other, FB is a great way to share photos and experiences. Finally, I operate a couple of businesses, one of which is starting out on FB, so I use them to build a network.

Message 2 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Excellent  way to keep up with frinds and family, especially from someone like me who has changed continents a lot!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Excellent  way to keep up with frinds and family, especially from someone like me who has changed continents a lot!

I've never moved from the United States, which explains why I don't use Facebook  (leaves me incontinent...)  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I've never moved from the United States, which explains why I don't use Facebook  (leaves me incontinent...)  Smiley Very Happy

I have moved from the States once, but to the States twice  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 9
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Since I live overseas, I use it to post photos and to keep in touch.....it's way cheaper than trying to call everybody!!

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I use Facebook mainly for the games.  I also talk with my sister in another state.  If they start charging $14.99 a month I will no longer use it at all.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lately I changed Company and city and Fb helped me not to lose that daily contacts with people around me. I also use Fb to get news from ONG or Newspapers who have a Fb account becoming "FAN". No games for me. Farmville sucks.

Message 8 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

LOL, good one.  I got a chuckle out of that one.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.