cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite and Least Favorite Card Designs?

tag
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Card Designs?

These designs I find appealing:

Discover It blue

American Express Green card

Barclay Hawaiian Airlines

JCB Marukai

Citi Prestige

JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton

The designs I don't like as much:

BoA Cash and Travel rewards

Cap1 Quicksilver, Venture1 and Venture

Citi TY and TYP

Barclay Sallie Mae

US Bank Cash + (new one looks a little better, but it's still plain looking)

And then there's the Barclay Arrival Plus that I can't seem to decide whether I really like or really dislike. Need to see it in person to decide. Same with CSP

Message 11 of 40
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Yeah, this thread is gonna make some grumpy people grumpier.  Apparently, you're not supposed to fall for the marketing techniques.  That's apparently more frowned upon than using the CC in the first place.  At any rate, I will bump the thread to the top by chiming in too Smiley Tongue

1.   Huntington Voice (hands down, not even close)  -  It looks good sitting in my safe as only used for online payments.

2.   Amex BCE  -  I will disagree with some and say I like the clear/semi clear look.  It's only one of two that I carry

Least appealing

1.   Walmart (not even close) because, well.....It says Walmart on it.

2.   Barclaycard Sallie Mae - Well....because it says Sallie Mae on it.  This is one of two cards that I carry at all times.

Of all cards, including the ones I don't have...I will always say the Amex Gold.  Something about the Roman Galdiator that says history.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that would make the SM better is a shiny WEMC logo. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 40
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Of the cards currently in my lineup, my favorite designs are...

1. AMEX BCE - I like the frost going to clear, the glitter, and the irridescent embossing.  And I like the shiny blue square in the middle.  I think it's a futuristic looking card

2. Macy's AMEX - I like the stars on red design.   It's emblematic of Macy's without being overkill.   

3. AMEX Costco TE - I like the iconic use of the Centurion in an updated scheme and it looks good chipped.  I don't really like the contrast of the embossing with the rest of the card, but I overall like this update on that classic AMEX look

My least favorite in my lineup are...

1. Amazon Store - It looks and feels like a dental plan card   I realize they don't have brick-and-mortar stores (yet), but neither does my Gold Violin, and they gave me a decent, embossed plastic card.

2. Wal-Mart Store - it's not really horrible...just very plain

3. VS Angel Card - don't stare at this card in the sunlight, or you'll be blinded by all of the pink glitter!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 40
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Here are mine based on what I have right now.

Favorites: 

1. Chase AARP

2. Barclaycard Arrival

3. Discover It (the blue and beach designs)

4. Tie between Amex BCE and the ED design. They're almost exactly the same.

The rest of my cards look okay but nothing really that special. I wish the CapOne Quicksilver was less flimsy though like someone else here said and Amazon Store card is literally just a piece of really really thin paper.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TitaniumCash wrote:

These designs I find appealing:

Discover It blue

American Express Green card

Barclay Hawaiian Airlines

JCB Marukai

Citi Prestige

JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton

The designs I don't like as much:

BoA Cash and Travel rewards

Cap1 Quicksilver, Venture1 and Venture

Citi TY and TYP

Barclay Sallie Mae

US Bank Cash + (new one looks a little better, but it's still plain looking)

And then there's the Barclay Arrival Plus that I can't seem to decide whether I really like or really dislike. Need to see it in person to decide. Same with CSP

LOL seems like not many people like the BOA & Capital One card designs! I'm with you on the Citi TY & TYP/ Sallie Mae cards.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Yeah, this thread is gonna make some grumpy people grumpier.  Apparently, you're not supposed to fall for the marketing techniques.  That's apparently more frowned upon than using the CC in the first place.  At any rate, I will bump the thread to the top by chiming in too Smiley Tongue

1.   Huntington Voice (hands down, not even close)  -  It looks good sitting in my safe as only used for online payments.

2.   Amex BCE  -  I will disagree with some and say I like the clear/semi clear look.  It's only one of two that I carry

Least appealing

1.   Walmart (not even close) because, well.....It says Walmart on it.

2.   Barclaycard Sallie Mae - Well....because it says Sallie Mae on it.  This is one of two cards that I carry at all times.

Of all cards, including the ones I don't have...I will always say the Amex Gold.  Something about the Roman Galdiator that says history.

Hahaha! That's exactly why I started the thread off by saying " I know this might annoy some people". I'm surprised you like the Amex BCE... hmmm to me it looks like cheap plastic Smiley Sad sorry haha. I'm with you on Walmart too. For some reason I don't mind the Amazon branding on my Chase Amazon Rewards card. I think it looks good. 

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Of the cards currently in my lineup, my favorite designs are...

1. AMEX BCE - I like the frost going to clear, the glitter, and the irridescent embossing.  And I like the shiny blue square in the middle.  I think it's a futuristic looking card

2. Macy's AMEX - I like the stars on red design.   It's emblematic of Macy's without being overkill.   

3. AMEX Costco TE - I like the iconic use of the Centurion in an updated scheme and it looks good chipped.  I don't really like the contrast of the embossing with the rest of the card, but I overall like this update on that classic AMEX look

My least favorite in my lineup are...

1. Amazon Store - It looks and feels like a dental plan card   I realize they don't have brick-and-mortar stores (yet), but neither does my Gold Violin, and they gave me a decent, embossed plastic card.

2. Wal-Mart Store - it's not really horrible...just very plain

3. VS Angel Card - don't stare at this card in the sunlight, or you'll be blinded by all of the pink glitter!

For a second I got confused with the Amazon Store and Amazon Rewards card! I agree with the Amazon Store, the Amazon Rewards looks way better in my opinion. So it appears you like Amex design choices Smiley Wink But I disagree on the BCE! But I can see the appeal after your explanation Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Here are mine based on what I have right now.

Favorites: 

1. Chase AARP

2. Barclaycard Arrival

3. Discover It (the blue and beach designs)

4. Tie between Amex BCE and the ED design. They're almost exactly the same.

The rest of my cards look okay but nothing really that special. I wish the CapOne Quicksilver was less flimsy though like someone else here said and Amazon Store card is literally just a piece of really really thin paper.

I also like discover's beach design! 

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite card design is Chase Sapphire Preferred and my least favorite is Capital One Quciksilver.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.