Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feline computer assistance

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Feline computer assistance

Our cat likes to help my wife and myself with our computers, but today she came up with a new trick.

Wife: Hey, how come my trackball isn't working?

Me: Because there's a cat toy between the ball and the rest of the device!

Wife: how did she manage THAT!?!?

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Feline computer assistance

I had to switch to an optical mouse (from the trackball-style mouse that came with my desktop) due to accumulated cat fur that had rolled up inside of it.

By the time I pulled out all the fur, I could have built a small auxiliary back-up cat. Smiley Tongue

From icanhascheezburger.com:

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-16-2009 04:24 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I had to switch to an optical mouse (from the trackball-style mouse that came with my desktop) due to accumulated cat fur that had rolled up inside of it.

By the time I pulled out all the fur, I could have built a small auxiliary back-up cat. Smiley Tongue

My wife and I were away for the weekend; when I showed my wife how much fur I had just removed from the cat's favorite chair my wife exclaimed, "that's enough fur to make a new cat!"

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 7
barbaralee
Established Contributor

My cat isn't much of a toy animal. Playing with a toy would mean she's playng by herself, and she much prefers the attention of some hapless human. She's a good girl, except for the whole " I love you so much I'll kill for you" thing she has going on. At least once a week I have to scrape off our porch some disemboweled squirrel that she lovingly presents at our front door. D:
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

barbaralee wrote:
My cat isn't much of a toy animal. Playing with a toy would mean she's playng by herself, and she much prefers the attention of some hapless human. She's a good girl, except for the whole " I love you so much I'll kill for you" thing she has going on. At least once a week I have to scrape off our porch some disemboweled squirrel that she lovingly presents at our front door. D:

Our cats proudly present us with critters and parts. "Critters" if we can make an educated guess as to what it once was; "parts" if it looks like a tiny version of the mystery contents of the plastic bags in frozen turkeys.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cat neatly brings us the heads of mice.  She lines them up one right next to the other. 
Message 6 of 7
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

My dad has a cat that can ring the door bell when it wants in. Well not really a door bell, but he hung a string with a bell attached at the end. When the cat wanted out she would swat the bell, my dad would then put the bell on the outside of the door and when the cat wanted back in she would swat the bell again. It works really good. She even trained another stray cat to ring the door-bell when it wants to come in. That bell is always ringing!!
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.