Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feline protests

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Feline protests

I've just put our cat into the cat carrier because we're about to leave for a checkup at the veterinarian's office.  Now I am hearing feline protests; she does not like being in the cat carrier or going to the vet and she makes that very clear.

All was OK, we're back home.  As usual it took three people to trim her claws: two to hold her and one to use the clippers.

Message Edited by MattH on 01-18-2010 10:28 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Feline protests

My cat also hates the carrier. She knows that it means that she's headed off for a ride in the car to the Thermometer Lady. (This is the family term for veterinarian, whether male or female.)

She's actually pretty good-natured once she gets there, as long as she doesn't have to look at dogs. She purrs through her vaccinations. I think it's the car ride more than anything else. And the thermometer, of course.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Matt, are you sure you don't have my cat? lol My cat gets crazy when I take her to the vet. She will scratch everyone up. She hates the carrier. I can always expect her to either throw up, poop or both on the way to the vet. Of course, it used to take 40 min to get there.

Now that I've moved maybe that will change since the vet is right around the corner practically.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
demi
Established Contributor

Humm, reminds me of the time we tried to take the cat in because he wasn't urinating, was afraid he had the crystal thing in his urine.  Once we got him in the car it was rather evident he didn't have the problem...all over everything.   Appointment was cancelled.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Message 4 of 8
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Um,

My problem is... Can't wont fit in the carrier....  and if he did no one could lift his fuzzy self.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@bicknar wrote:

Um,

My problem is... Can't wont fit in the carrier....  and if he did no one could lift his fuzzy self.

ROFL, mine too..........When i take them in the car, the growling sounds like a big cat in the zoo or the wild.
I have 2 manx cats, Babygirl-female of course black no tail is 3 1/2 yrs old and about 11lbs 
Littlebit male russian blue, stumpy tail  is 11yrs old and 17 1/2 lbs
Now Littlebit is smart he can sit on command ,shake paws and wag tail.....ok stump Smiley Tongue
DH use to feed the cats, he said they were hungry. I worry about Littlebit being overweight so I feed them now.Smiley Wink 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I drove from North Carolina to San Antonio, Texas, my cat meowwed over and over again, literally for eighteen hours........
Message 7 of 8
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Wow Light,

Those are some cool cats.  Mine is just a regular ASH.  And Yes I'm guilty of feeding him too much.  But I learned.  I found that smaller meals more often works for him.  He's lost almost 2 pounds since the new diet.  He was lookin a bit chunky so I thought it would do him good.  Put him on the scale and he turned a whopping 23 pounds.  Wow. 

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.