Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Taxes: Where, Program, Why?

tag
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Filing Taxes: Where, Program, Why?

TurboTax ftw. And the last few years online through the web, it's pretty cool and keeps past tax seasons online for you to access and easily transfer past information. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 11 of 16
barbaralee
Established Contributor

CPA, though I used Turbo Tax for years, I am just tired of doing taxes myself. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbo Tax is great. TaxAct is good too. 

Message 13 of 16
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 for TaxAct. Been using TaxAct online for years myself never had an issue. Used to file individual but am married now so we file joint on the returns and that even went smooth as butter this year for e-filing.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for hrblock

Very easy to use. Friendly and educational interface. And the one time I wanted to do something unusual like appying a specific tax treaty, the people in HR Block gave me a free consultation (ended up apper filing the taxes due to wanting to do claim that weird tax treaty). And i have yet to pay for filing my federal taxes. Once paid to do state taxes for convenience-- that went fine but I never throught it was worthy it due to the simplicity fo state taxes; the only reason i paid that one time was for conveinince i.e. too busy with other emergency stuff to bother. 

Over the last few years i have done my taxes with both TaxAct and HRBlock -- taxact is cumbersome and unfriendly. I always have ended up filing with HRBlock. Neither program has found for me something the other has not ...

Message 15 of 16
kjel
Established Contributor

@JustinS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 for TaxAct. Been using TaxAct online for years myself never had an issue. Used to file individual but am married now so we file joint on the returns and that even went smooth as butter this year for e-filing.

+2 for TaxAct. I converted to them after balking at TurboTax's high filing fees a few years back. No issues, easy to use, and $17.99 to file both fed and state.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.