Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Metal Chase Amazon Prime in hand

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally Metal Chase Amazon Prime in hand

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn't metal cards cause problems at airports and other places with metal detectors?

Don't know about that one...I thought they were doing full body X-rays and...mmm...cavity searches...now at the airports!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you go through security in an airport, you put everything in those buckets (including your wallet). So metal cards cause zero impact on people in security.
Message 12 of 19
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When you go through security in an airport, you put everything in those buckets (including your wallet). So metal cards cause zero impact on people in security.

Wonder what keeps someone from sharpening the edge of a metal card to use as a weapon..seems risky!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said Sarge! A good reminder to us all on what's really important, myself included even tho I am not on the metal band wagon. 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Metal is so 2016 and outdated. My new Credit One Pizza Hut World Elite card is made out of marble.

If it was possible I would give this infinite kudos.

Message 15 of 19
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

They finally got around to sending me the new metal version of the chase amazon prime...a little heavier, but if they had not told me it was metal, I'm not sure I would have noticed. Really do not understand why so many clamor for metal cards...it must be my age that prevents me from being impressed. I just don't seem to give a rip what any card looks like at all. If it works at the checkout, it could be butt-ugly for all I care and be named deadbeats united. I would not even care if it elicited snide remarks from cashiers and made them think I was nearly destitute. I suppose I have just finally reached the age that I no longer wish for fancy cars or cards to impress others...don't like my Impala, don't look at it. I had much rather they notice that I was kind to others and truly cared for their well being. The people who have most impressed me in life, were not those with fancy cars and wearing bling. It is those that treat others well, even when it causes themselves hardship. End Rant...it's just a card!

For me, I'm happer with flatter cards, regardless of what they're made of. Flat card means that my wallet isn't as thick, which is important since I don't carry a purse (guy here). Currently Capital One is the only brand that offers non-embossed cards across the lineup (with the QS and QS1 recently getting a redesign). Now I just need Amex, BoA, Blispay and Chase to get on the ball with all their cards, not just some of them. 

On the other hand, I recently read an article about why someone would be holding onto their non-metal Amex Platinum: So they could use old-fashioned charge card carbon paper slips with them, in the event of a credit card network outage.  I don't find it that big of a necessity, and most places don't even carry these anymore. They just won't take a card period if their computer is down. Most POS systems nowadays have an offline mode that will queue transactions until the network comes back online. 

There ends my flat card rant Smiley Very Happy 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonder what keeps someone from sharpening the edge of a metal card to use as a weapon..seems risky!

Life in Guantanamo Bay, or comparable accomodations.

Message 17 of 19
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

They finally got around to sending me the new metal version of the chase amazon prime...a little heavier, but if they had not told me it was metal, I'm not sure I would have noticed. Really do not understand why so many clamor for metal cards...it must be my age that prevents me from being impressed. I just don't seem to give a rip what any card looks like at all. If it works at the checkout, it could be butt-ugly for all I care and be named deadbeats united. I would not even care if it elicited snide remarks from cashiers and made them think I was nearly destitute. I suppose I have just finally reached the age that I no longer wish for fancy cars or cards to impress others...don't like my Impala, don't look at it. I had much rather they notice that I was kind to others and truly cared for their well being. The people who have most impressed me in life, were not those with fancy cars and wearing bling. It is those that treat others well, even when it causes themselves hardship. End Rant...it's just a card!

Ugly card.jpg

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 18 of 19
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Metal is so 2016 and outdated. My new Credit One Pizza Hut World Elite card is made out of marble.

Now THAT'S funny. kudos

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.