Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

Freedom first, Schwab Platinum best, Arrival or Brooks Bros worst, nothing in particular for wish.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 21 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card: Capital One Venture One (still have it and it will be 20-years-old next month)

Best card: this is subjective; I am most proud of my NFCU card because I love NFCU but in terms of best rewards it would be my USAA Limitless Cash Rewards card despite its abysmal credit line of $2,500 and APR of 14.9%. Otherwise PenFed is my highest limit and Citi DP is my lowest APR. 

Worst card: I don't think I've ever had a worst card..at various points in history I hated Capital One because the limit wouldn't grow at first but they have since taken very good care of me over the years; Discover was very stingy at first; Citibank is pretty awful overall but every once in a while they do something that makes me keep them; such as the 0% promotional purchase APR currently on two of my cards; and they lowered the APR on my Diamond Preferred to 8.99%

Dream card: attained in November; the USAA Limitless Cash Rewards card. If we are playing the wishing game I would say my dream would be for American Express to bring back backdating. I'd tear it up with a PRG, a new Hilton Honors Ascend and maybe even a Gold Delta Sky Miles as they would all report as opened in 1999. But no new accounts for this guy; I like my AAoA of 12 years and need that to continue to age.

Message 22 of 134
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

First Card - Capital One Plat that I still have to this day; was PC to the QS a few years ago.

Best Card - AMEX Biz Plat card that you will have to pry out of my cold dead fingers before I let it go.

Worst Card - HSBC card from back in day when they were in the credit card game the first time. That was a REALLY bad card to have looking back on it.

Wish Card - None that I can think of. Gonna be completing my collection next year with NFCU and BoA. After that only time I'll step out of the garden is if a new card wows me. *looking at AMEX and their upcoming "super premium" Marriott card*

Message 23 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thread! I'll play!

My first credit card was the green American Express card in the 90s--man, did I screw that up! My AAoA would be so amazing and I would still have a relationship with Amex.

My best card, right now, is my NFCU CashRewards card. I am looking forward to an awesome relationship with NFCU, and I have these forums to thank for bringing that to my attention!

My worst card is a toss up...I have a secured Discover It card that I can't wait to graduate, but, I think the Merrick Bank (although, bless them for giving me a chance!) is the actual worst.

My wish card--oh, the thoughts!--is the Chase Sapphire Preferred...or the Capital One Venture...I like rewards.

Thanks...this was fun!

Message 24 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

My file is relatively thin as I started rebuilding in March 2017.

First Card: CapOne Platinum

Best Card: Discover It

Worst Card: CapOne Platinum

Wish Card: Chase Freedom or Uber Visa

Message 25 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First- Cap1 Platinum.
Best- Loving my Disco.
Worst- Kohl's. Great offers but by far my lowest CL and will..not..grow..period.
Wish- Amex BCP for the 6% on groceries (three teen boys in the house).
Message 26 of 134
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

First - Wachovia Secured Visa.  Closed it around '96.

Best - Overall my Amex Platinum, but my daily driver is SPG

Worst - KeyBank card I had in the mid 90s.  30+% APR, no rewards and I think it was a $95 AF.

Wish - Amex Centurion, of course. But realistically in the near-term it's the already-mentioned "super premium" Marriott card coming from Amex. I could also add that on my wish list (and hopefully obtained in 6 months or so) is a $100k credit line on a single BoA card - that's more of a goal rather than a wish list since I've had the card since it was an MBNA card.

In case no one has noticed, @simplynoir and I are obsessed with Amex, SPG and Marriott.  LOL

Message 27 of 134
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

First card:  Barclaycard (UK), around 1978, closed by them for non-use once I moved to US

Best cards (at the time): Citi TY Preferred 5x, Amex BCP uncapped, US Bank Cash Plus uncapped, Amex OBC uncapped (you may notice a pattern here!)

Best card now:  Amex OBC

Worst card.   None really, just a lot that became useless either via nerfing or because better cards came along (e.g. 1% everywhere was great when I got it 1986, then 1.5% was great, then 2%.....)

Wish card: none

Message 28 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first card Bank of America Visa when I was just 18 my mother "made me" apply with her banker.

Worst either the Amex card from many moons ago they kept declining purchases and then I would call and get purchase approved

I cancelled then and now am back with them  or worst terms also moons ago First Interstate Bank  with $5,000 limit but high interest and interest and it started day of purchase. I closed  that one probably 25 years ago. 

Message 29 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

After repairing my credit. Paid back everyone I burned. Got all judgments vacated and every single baddies off all my reports without ever having to worry that they will ever come back. All paid, all deleted. Perfectly clean files.

First card The Milestone
Second card Freedom with a $4500 SL.

My favorite card is my Venture, then I love the rest that are in my siggy.

I hated my Cashforward $6000 and Ring $5000 cards from Barclays. That's why I, yes I closed them. I also closed;

Discover It $3500- now have Miles at $20000
Marvel $10000
Venture One $9000
Comenity $9500
Slate $6200
PenFed Loc $10000
Citi Diamond $1500
American Eagle $3500
Message 30 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.