Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Class to LHR: BA or AA?

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

First Class to LHR: BA or AA?

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to London from NYC this summer and I'm wondering what experience others have had flying First Class with American Airlines and/or British Airways. Any feedback would be great Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: First Class to LHR: BA or AA?

I like BA better.  I generally choose foreign carriers because they give better service than American carriers, but AA is touting their new First Class.  It might be worth a try. 

Have you considered saving some money and flying Business instead?  It's only a 6-hour flight - kind of an awkward length (at least for me).  I usually either nap the entire time or catch up on my movie watching. 

Message 2 of 3
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Re: First Class to LHR: BA or AA?

Flight times appear to be close to the 7-8 hour mark when I check on the website. For some that is nothing but I get pretty antsy. 

I never have much success actually sleeping on flights (even with xanax!), though the only First Class experience I've had has been on Virgin America and the seats aren't flat so maybe that has something to do with it.

What's appealing about AA is that fact that they have international WiFi on all flights to LHR whereas BA only has it on 1 plane. Since flying isn't my favorite thing, especially since this flight I'll be alone, I prefer to stay connected...that may be the deal breaker...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.