cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For anyone who works in high-end retail...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone who works in high-end retail...

For anyone who works in high-end retail (or would otherwise observe the shopping habits of a few big spenders)...

Some stores have store cards that occasionally come with high CLs. A lot of people on here are able to get Barney's CLs over $15k or $20k, for example.

When a big spender actually makes a large purchase at a store like that (let's say $5k)...how often does that customer use the store card vs. another method of payment? Do big spenders use store cards much, or do store employees see more "premium mainstream" cards like Amex Platinum and CSP?

Barney's is just an example. I'm curious about any store that has a card with CLs often above $15k, and where it's not unusual for a customer to spend $5k.

I suspect the Lowes card is very popular among big spenders there, but I'm more curious about luxury consumer goods stores.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For anyone who works in high-end retail...

Good question. Swiping a simple green amex for 5k MR points is way better at that point. My opinion is a high end dept store (non concierges ) has departments too and everyone wants that comission so i see a shoe transaction, accessories tranaction, outerwear probably all get pieces. Well off people stay well off by being informed and that means racking up miles on the travel cards usually.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For anyone who works in high-end retail...

@Anonymous wrote:

For anyone who works in high-end retail (or would otherwise observe the shopping habits of a few big spenders)...

Some stores have store cards that occasionally come with high CLs. A lot of people on here are able to get Barney's CLs over $15k or $20k, for example.

When a big spender actually makes a large purchase at a store like that (let's say $5k)...how often does that customer use the store card vs. another method of payment? Do big spenders use store cards much, or do store employees see more "premium mainstream" cards like Amex Platinum and CSP?

Barney's is just an example. I'm curious about any store that has a card with CLs often above $15k, and where it's not unusual for a customer to spend $5k.

I suspect the Lowes card is very popular among big spenders there, but I'm more curious about luxury consumer goods stores.

Restoration hardware goes up to 100k at least.

I have friends that work in retail. Usually the big shoppers are always using a different card. Either spreading spend/points/rewards or debt! Lol. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.