Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For people working as a cashier/etc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For people working as a cashier/etc.

Hello, just out of curiousity, which of the cards below you see more often than the others?

1, Chase Freedom

2, Chase Sapphire Preferred

3, Barclay Arrival+

Is 2, and 3, commonly seen in a common restaurant?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: For people working as a cashier/etc.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, just out of curiousity, which of the cards below you see more often than the others?

1, Chase Freedom

2, Chase Sapphire Preferred

3, Barclay Arrival+

Is 2, and 3, commonly seen in a common restaurant?

I am the office manager at a higher end establishment.  I really am not allowed to say more than that.  We see quite a few Freedoms, some CSP, and a ton of Amex.  Never seen Barclays much in the wild, except I have seen a Barclays Rewards once and a Sallie Mae once (had a hard time saying, "I know, right" Smiley Very Happy)

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in a grocery store, and out of the three cards listed, I see Chase Freedom the most frequently. Most of them tend to be MasterCard iterations, though. I'm always tempted to tell them that they could contact Chase and request a Visa. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do you guys see chase sapphire preferred very common in restrauants? Anyways, what's the most common card people use in food places?

Message 4 of 31
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I work in a grocery store, and out of the three cards listed, I see Chase Freedom the most frequently. Most of them tend to be MasterCard iterations, though. I'm always tempted to tell them that they could contact Chase and request a Visa. Smiley Tongue

"That will be $4.50 please.  Hmm..Mastercard...on a Freedom?  Oh you're doing it all wrong.."

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 5 of 31
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I have a feeling that Freedoms would be infinitely more popular than CSP or Barclays. I, like others, rarely see a Barclays in the wild. Smiley Very Happy lol (Not a cashier though, but definitely watch people's payments because of nosiness/curiosity.)
Message 6 of 31
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Not a cashier, but the other day at the vet I saw a Cap1 Platinum. It had the cool sunset scene with the palm trees! I had that one before I pc'd to the QS Smiley Sad

Then when we were at the Apple store I saw a lady paying with a Chase Freedom. I didn't notice if it was a MC or visa cause I didn't want her to think I was weird...LOL Smiley Very Happy

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 7 of 31
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom FOR SURE.

Over 40% of the time, i'd say. 

I rarely see Barclay Arrival+, in fact - I can't recall seeing one (I work at Target).

Chase Sapphire is probably 20-25% of the time (in terms of the cards we're talking about) 

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 8 of 31
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

I like talking to people like "Hey does this card have good rewards?" and they're like "Oh yeah, the best ever..... It's the VentureOne card, I get 1% cash back or something like that, you should look into it." My response: "Ma'am if you get the Fidelity American Express you could get 2% back everytime." (After my Target REDCard 5% pitch of course Smiley Very Happy) Love to see the oblivious people in terms of rewards. Maybe we're just nerds....erm.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 9 of 31
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

chase freedom has changed (or is in the process of changing) all freedom MC to visas.  mine was changed last month  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.