cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For people working as a cashier/etc.

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Re: For people working as a cashier/etc.

Not a cashier but out in the wild I've seen a couple of CSPs out there. Not many Freedoms actually except a friend that I dine with often. Hers is a Visa Siggy. I was traveling for work in July and while out for dinner the person I was with had a Barclay's Arrival+. That was fun to see.

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

i used to work for a baseball team, in the retail dept. used to see a lot of aadvantage mc and airline cards. here and there csp. amex and several of centurion (black amex). Thats all im saying!

Message 12 of 31
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

I work as a cashier at my family restaurant and I see debit cards most often. *Shudders*  I hardly see any Freedom's, I do see quite a lot of CSPs and Marriott cards, but never a Barclay. Capital one, Discover and Citi cards are rare, we ocasionally have an Amex, but we don't accept them.Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 31
Stralem
Established Contributor

Well... I had a free day today, so I went out to lunch at a nice restaurant (Chik-Fil-a) and a wonderful cinematic masterpiece at the movies (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

Everyone in front of my at Chik-Fil-a paid with debit cards. One with an Amex Platinum. I didn't go out of my way to notice, mind you. The way the counter is laid out makes it easy to see what the cashiers are swiping, is all.

At the movie theater, nothing but debit.

And now I have to go evacuate the crappy movie theatre nachos from my bowels.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 14 of 31
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Well... I had a free day today, so I went out to lunch at a nice restaurant (Chik-Fil-a) and a wonderful cinematic masterpiece at the movies (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

Everyone in front of my at Chik-Fil-a paid with debit cards. One with an Amex Platinum. I didn't go out of my way to notice, mind you. The way the counter is laid out makes it easy to see what the cashiers are swiping, is all.

At the movie theater, nothing but debit.

And now I have to go evacuate the crappy movie theatre nachos from my bowels.

Were the nachos not enough of a culinary journey for you?

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 15 of 31
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Well, I'm in the south and previously I worked at Walmart. All I really ever saw there were debit cards and Orchard Bank. The occasional First Premier.

I suppose every once in awhile I saw a Chase or Discover, but, it was pretty rare.

I used to hate seeing First Premier. It was always a transaction that was going to be declined. Someone trying to buy $293 in stuff on a card you know only had a $300 limit and after the fees they sure don't have $300 to spend. Of course, they would argue, ask to use the phone, request the manager and so on.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 16 of 31
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I have been noticing what people swipe more and more. I live and shop in a well off neighborhood, and where I work is also affluent, and the most common credit card I see is Amex. That being said, I have noticed most people are debit card users, it seems.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in a grocery store in a more modest middle class part of town and most people actually seem to pay with a debit card rather than credit, lol. When they do take out a credit card, it's usually Chase Freedom, Capital One Platinum, and some variety of Amex's. I've only started noticing these days since I started my credit journey just three months ago, ha ha. 

Message 18 of 31
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I work in a grocery store in a more modest middle class part of town and most people actually seem to pay with a debit card rather than credit, lol. When they do take out a credit card, it's usually Chase Freedom, Capital One Platinum, and some variety of Amex's. I've only started noticing these days since I started my credit journey just three months ago, ha ha. 

Isn't it interesting?  After having become more informed about credit cards, I am addicted to checking out what card the person in front of me in line is using.  I gotta be careful and not make it seem like I'm trying to steal it or anything...haha.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalanar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't it interesting?  After having become more informed about credit cards, I am addicted to checking out what card the person in front of me in line is using.  I gotta be careful and not make it seem like I'm trying to steal it or anything...haha.

Ha ha, yes, very interesting indeed! You don't really notice until you start doing the research, pfftt. Sometimes it makes me wish I could ask why they opted for a certain card or not without sounding like a creep, lol! It's just, I've been noticing more and more that I've been taking quick glances at the credit cards people are paying with when I'm in line (not working)... and then I giggle internally like it's an insider secret when I know they've gotten cash back on, say, an Amex BCE. So bad, man, lol. The fruits of learning something new, I suppose. Smiley LOL

In regards to this thread, though, I have seen a Costco credit card flashed every now and again. 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.