Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French Fries: BK or McD?

tag
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: French Fries: BK or McD?

contractor wrote:
In-N-Out fries are the bestest. MickeyD and the Boogie King don't come close.

Edit: Trying to decide on the word "bestest", I like it, leaving it there. LOL

Message Edited by contractor on 09-07-2008 10:04 PM

Oh my gosh, In-N-Out.  You really do want to make me cry, don't you?!!!

:::clicks heels:::  There's no place like home, there's no place like home .........

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 21 of 57
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

treski wrote:

Oh my gosh, In-N-Out.  You really do want to make me cry, don't you?!!!

:::clicks heels:::  There's no place like home, there's no place like home .........

I still can't figure out why so many people love In-N-Out, especially the fries. I think their fries are gross. I will admit that the burgers are good; my favorite is the grilled cheese sandwich. But I still don't know why everyone is absolutely crazy over it. Although, I may be spoiled since there are at least 2 or 3 down the street from me. Smiley Very Happy

As far as fries go...McDonald's makes the best fries...as long as they are hot and fresh. And have as much salt as possible! Burger King's are good, too, but nothing beats McDonald's fries to me. They also have the best Coke, too!
Message 22 of 57
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@islandchild82 wrote:

As far as fries go...McDonald's makes the best fries...as long as they are hot and fresh. And have as much salt as possible! Burger King's are good, too, but nothing beats McDonald's fries to me. They also have the best Coke, too!

A little secret I learned while working in a Hardee's a long time back: if you want to get truly fresh fries, order fries without salt. They have to make a batch just for you. But you have to make sure that you immediately salt them once you get them, because when the hot oil starts to dry up, the salt won't stick.
Message 23 of 57
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am begining to think this might be worse than Politics, Religion and Sex!  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 24 of 57
jaybird201
Established Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:
I am begining to think this might be worse than Politics, Religion and Sex!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm actually starting to think some people on this thread may prefer french fries to the latter. Smiley Surprised
Message 25 of 57
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

jaybird201 wrote:

I'm actually starting to think some people on this thread may prefer french fries to the latter. Smiley Surprised

Well, to quote a Nobel Prize Winner (Literature) "And a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a Smoke"   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 26 of 57
demi
Established Contributor

McD ("Big Mac Supper Club" as we called it in college), far and away have the best fries.  A friend always orders them without salt, so she knows they will be fresh, and then puts her own salt on them...but I have heard they have garlic in the salt they put on salt, think thats part of what makes them so good. 

I just don't like In and Out..especially their fries.  A burger, if you eat it right then and there is pretty good, but way too sloppy and gooey if not.  I have one a block away from my office, been their once in 3 years.

Burger Kings are ok, not bad.  I remember back years ago Carl's Jr. used to use frozen reconstituted freeze dried fries...yuck

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 57
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

In Belgium, they eat fries with mayonnaise. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 57
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I spent a year in Germany, and they also eat fries with mayo. I was totally grossed out when I saw that, but after several months I decided to try it (I tried the kidney soup, after all, so why not this?). I didn't like it at first, but eventually it grew on me. Now I eat fries with mayo quite often.

I was the same way about Vegemite, too. Hated it at first, but now I always have a jar at home.
Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I started doing this in highschool. It's actually really good.
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.