Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday weigh-in: the other FICO fitness thread

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Friday weigh-in: the other FICO fitness thread

I think I gained a pound this week. Smiley Sad

I did start with a trainer this past week working for an hour each M-W-F. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until he put me through the ringer. I didn't walk 30 miles like last week, but did manage to put in 10 or so between workouts.

Message 61 of 84
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Sounds like you are off to a good start Jennifer!

As for me, still +7.  And today, I hate to say, I ate one of those hostess raspberry pies and it wasn't even that good.  There were 33 grams of fat and 61 carbs.  I haven't eaten anything like that since February.  I got my new cookboo "The Healthy Glute-Free Life" by Tammy Creditoctt and have been living out of it.  No eggs or dairy in her recipes, either.  Problem is it is super expensive to stock up on the basics.  i want to get to the "baking" but for now just doing dinners.  Just made steak bites with the most delic. dipping sauce ever.

Plan on going back to the gym tomorrow.  (Though I say that all the time I mean it this time).  4:30 Spin.  I think that doing that x3 a week will shed the pesky 7 that won't go away, and eating the damn hostell didnt do me any good.  (My joints will feel it in about 2 more hours).

Also tried one of those delivery services where they deliver local and organic fruit/vegies to your door every week.  This one is about $25-30 a week w/ a 35 dollar a year co-op fee.  Got the first one w/o having to pay the fee.  Not sure if I will re-order, though it's a good price, some of the stuff I just wouldn't eat. 

Collard greens are amazing in terms of health benefits. It's unfortunate really, all the traditiionally southern greens have so much more in the way of health benefits than say traditional lettuces like icerberg or romaine. It took a few years for me to develop a taste for them. I'm a bit lazy as far as cooking goes, so I've chopped them and included them in a salad with other greens. Same thing goes for kale, turnip greens, and mustard greens; very good for you, tough to get used to the flavors. Kale is my main salad green with mustard greens or collards chopped and added depending on what's on sale.  Some of those greens are actually really good in soups, especially potato soups. 

Its funny, I never really paid attention to the vitamins and minerals in different greens until I bought a pet tortoise. I ended up doing a lot of reading on the nutritional values of various greens before feeding them to him and that information really changed what I bought for myself to eat too.

Too bad I follow them up with the unhealthiest dinners possible..  Smiley Frustrated

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 62 of 84
Booner72
Senior Contributor

+2.  Close!!

(this is likely caused by being forced to hike on the anniversary weekend.  I do not like hiking.)  I do like the scale this morning, though.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 63 of 84
Booner72
Senior Contributor

+0.  Made it.    Strongly recommend the no dairy/no processed food gig.  The whole family is healthier.

To celebrate, the idiot that I am, ate two pieces of Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegie pizza.   (It really wasn't all that great or even worth it).   Later that night got this horrible pain in my back, and it has stayed, went to the DR. who says I have esophogeal spasm.  Not sure I believe this.  IDK if the back thing is even correlated to the pizza for sure.  I know it isn't my back or muscles that hurt, it's inside, under the skin and bones.  It's the weirdest pain I ever felt and it sucks.   Gave me Prilosec and something else like that...

I am mad that I even told him about the eating of the pizza.  Because now I have a dumb diagnosis that makes no sense and I'm in pain.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 64 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I never knew this existed here Smiley Happy

I guess it was 2008 or 09, when I went to the MD for my high blood pressure script renewal and when I got on the scale I topped out 3 bills.  I was like... NO!  I was hovering around 280 and justified the weight as, "I am just too busy, working on finishing up my Bachelors and working full time.  I just have no time to worry about weight."   Well the 300 mark was just too much for me to handle and I changed my lifestyle.  I did not make any major changes, just one little change after another.  I have had quite a bit of backsliding along the way, but you are curious about results Smiley Happy

Right now I am 218, earlier this year I had a work related injury and the meds I was put on caused me to put on 40 lbs.  So I am working back down again.  My lowest weight of the new century was achieved last year when I hit 199.  The first 60 lbs fell off quickly and I usually run into problems falling below 205.  My goal is to get under 200 then start moving into a more physical work out to rebuild my endurance.  My weight goal is kind of flexible... I usually float around a 10 lb range, it is just how my body operates.  So I want to float 190-199 and stay under 200, that is my minimum goal.  Once I achieve that I am going to play things by ear.  Since I will be working out, I will listen to my body.  If my body says 190-199 is the bottom I can achieve, so be it.  Yet I also do not see myself dropping below the 180 mark.  I am a big boy and if I was below 180 I think I would start losing muscle and endurance.

Remain positive, do not tear yourself up when you backslide and make those little changes, but stick with them.  All of those little lifestyle changes add up!  There is a lot of junk food I use to live off of, but if I eat it today I will become physically ill. 

Message 65 of 84
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Just out of curiousity are there any fellow Fitbit users around here?  I've had mine for about a year now and it's really helped encourage me to get out and move, exercise, etc.  Plus well...I'm a bit of a stats whore, what can I say.  =P

Message 66 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got an iphone 4s and downloaded my fitness app.  I have to agree with you, it has encouraged me to exercise more and more closely monitor what I eat.

Interesting side effect of my weight loss.  When I was pushing 300 I would sleep about 10 hours a day.  When I loss the weight that dropped to about 8.  Now by making myself work out at least 1 hour a day, I find that I need only 6 hours of sleep a night.  I gain an extra hour by working out 1 hour.  That is a nice bargain for a student working full time Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 84
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Not sure what fitbit is, but I have endomondo on my phone. I like that it lets me track distance and speed when walking. Though, I've discovered that if my workout plan is ever going to work I'm pretty much going to need a home treadmill. The only time I really have to work out is around 1 am when my husband gets home from work, unfortuantely not safe to go walking at 1 am here.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Message 68 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a gun.  I sleep with a loaded Sig Sauer 2022 9mm pistol.

Message 69 of 84
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Get a gun.  I sleep with a loaded Sig Sauer 2022 9mm pistol.

Nah, it's not worth it. Last time I went walking in the evening I had several different vehicles pull over or follow me slowly. It's just a rough area. I don't want to go to jail for shooting a thug, sure I'd still be alive, but I'd lose everything I'd worked for. I don't mind having a gun for use in case someone breaks into my home, but, unfortunately being out walking leaves too much open to interpretation. The vast majority of humanity is notoriously stupid, I don't really want to be in a situation where I have to rely on someone to look at the facts, understand them and make a decision with something as important as whether or not I'll spend life in prison for defending myself.

Message 70 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.