cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends Wife Really Socked it to Him!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Friends Wife Really Socked it to Him!

your right about the reasons for leaving. I was saying when a spouse leaves the marriage, they leave the other person more than they themselves take because of their guilt for ending the marriage. Does that make sense. After reading it the second time, the things the wife did were horrible. I was only saying that the only way I may think off doing those things is if "i caught my husband cheating" or something like that. It was almost like she was seeking revenge.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely sounds like she was seeking revenge... as if he "owed" these things to her.
Message 12 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Or she could just be a self-absorbed sociopath. Not everyone does things for everyday reasons (like revenge) that makes sense to normal people. (See the thread about the messy houses TV series.)

At a minimum, she needs to be charged for opening the CC's and taking the baseball card collection. If she's trying to sell the card collection, that's possession and attempted resale of stolen goods.

Hope he's changed all the locks on the house.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could be very well correct. It's just us "sane" people trying to make sense of "insane actions". 
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.  Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19
demi
Established Contributor

My stepfather went thru the same thing...he came home from a work trip, and his wife, kids and appliances were gone, credit run up to the max.  He's been married to my Mom for 35 years, so this was probably 40+ years ago.  He was still paying off debt when he met my mom...and never found the kids.

I know there are two sides to every story...and he is an alchololic (hasn't had a drink in 30+ years)...but even in his drinking days, he was never abusive or nasty in anyway, he is a very mild mannered, quiet man.

Message Edited by demi on 07-10-2009 11:04 AM

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

________________________________________________________________________________

Haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hope he's changed all the locks on the house.

________________________________________________________________________________

When my wife left the house for good,  I had the locks changed within 24 hrs.  Best $85 I ever spent in my life. Smiley Very Happy 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 17 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

I won't prejudge.  She may have had her reasons to do what she has done.  I wish them well. 
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  Buy an ad in the local paper.  Post the sad tale.  If it's true, it's not libel or slander.

2.  Protection order (finances), divorce and bankruptcy.  Sell the house.

3.  Jed, move away from there.

4.  Icepick through the oil filter.

5.  Counselling for him and the kids (no matter the age).

6.  Get a new Zebco rig for the groupers.

7.  Go to Vegas to clear his head.

Now that he's got the starter wife out of the way, never get maried again. Marriage is a short-term contract.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.