Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully loaded Accord, or entry level luxury car

tag
dazacman30
Valued Member

Fully loaded Accord, or entry level luxury car

I'm completely torn on which car to purchase.  I am willing to spend up to my $40K approval, as I received a great rate and the payments work in my monthly budget.  I was originally going with a Mustang V6 Premium convertible or coupe; however, with two small children I think I have to move on as the amount of space inside would not comfortably fit their car seats (not to mention the pain of getting them in/out of a coupe).

Now I'm trying to decide, do I go with a BMW 320i xDrive with minimal upgrades, or do I go with a fully loaded Accord EX-L?  I know that these cars are not in the same "class" and probably cannot be adequately compared, but I'm really having a hard time making a decision.  Then the mustang keeps cropping back in my thoughts.

I have previously owned a Mustang GT Coupe (2000), BMW Z4 (2004),  Accord (2005) and I honestly loved all 3 for their own reasons.  

I am leaning toward the BMW, but my concern of course it that it would be more of the base model with not many upgrades.  I would go with the xDrive version and already have a couple of great quotes from leading dealerships in the area.

What would you do, and why?

Bouncing back from BK '09
10/2012: 641(EQ) 636(TU) 624(EX)
4/2015: Equifax 694, TU 687, Exp 706
Goal: 700+ all 3 by June 2015
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Fully loaded Accord, or entry level luxury car

I'd go with a loaded Accord.  EX-L is a really nice trim although have you seen the new 2014 Mercedes CLA250?  $29k with some nice features/options included.  When I get tired of my Hondas, I might go for that next. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 13
dazacman30
Valued Member

@eddie84 wrote:

I'd go with a loaded Accord.  EX-L is a really nice trim although have you seen the new 2014 Mercedes CLA250?  $29k with some nice features/options included.  When I get tired of my Hondas, I might go for that next. Smiley Tongue

I JUST saw a commercial this afternon for the CLA250 and now I've added that to my comparison list... driving myself even more crazy now Smiley Happy    I will try to take a spin in one this week and see how it feels.

Message 3 of 13
awal
Regular Contributor

The CLA is a nice looking car, but once you start to addon stuff to the base model the price jumps up to high 30s pretty quick. If I were choosing between the four vehicles, I'd probably go with the Accord.
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 4 of 13
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

With the options you listed and kiddies, I would go with a 4 door Accord.  The 2014 models look great.  Why ?  I have kids and now a grandchild.  You need that room to be able to feel comfortable.  It becomes a stronger thing than the want factor once you involve the kids.

I just bought a used 09 Dodge Journey R/T a year ago and its been great !  I felt like a Tahoe was too big and a gas hog.   I have bought two new cars in my married life and doubt i ever will again.  You can get an awesome used car and save so much money.  Good luck on your decision !

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 5 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Exactly with the CLA.. I want the brown leather package and of course the heated seats and such.. HAHA! Looks SO NICE!
Message 6 of 13
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

If the Accord is the EX-L V6 I'd take it over the BMW....if it's the 2.4 I'd take the BMW......

Message 7 of 13
dazacman30
Valued Member

Thanks for your input everyone!

After test driving the BMW I couldn't let it go.  Smiley Happy  Drove it home yesterday and having tons of fun.  Must admit, the eco-pro is abit strange with shutting the engine off when coming to a stop, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Message 8 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new purchase and drive safe!

Message 9 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.