Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOGLE..STOP stalking me!!!

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

GOOGLE..STOP stalking me!!!

Getting tired of the Discover IT ads chasing me all over the internet.  At least use another card I have searched for recently...I already have the IT.  I'm getting so desperate to make it stop that I am googleing' "I already have that damn IT"

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GOOGLE..STOP stalking me!!!

They like their ads. Try clearing your cache and history and don't google or visit Discover. That'll fix it.

Message 2 of 7
dougnukem
New Contributor

Google is always watching.  It knows all.  Google wanted you to know that you're low on milk in the fridge.  

Message 3 of 7
RSCo
Established Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Getting tired of the Discover IT ads chasing me all over the internet.  At least use another card I have searched for recently...I already have the IT.  I'm getting so desperate to make it stop that I am googleing' "I already have that damn IT"

They have become so intrusive that I even get ads now for items that I left in shopping carts around the internet...  I was on CNN today and an ad pops up from Pottery Barn telling me that I have stuff in my cart and do I wish to complete the checkout... It's very creepy... Google and FB have gone way overboard with all of this... 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 7
RSCo
Established Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Oh, I should have added... The "ad' was actually a paid ad from Citi Mastercard that was displayed while I was on CNN.Com and the ad showed I left items in PotteryBarns cart and the ad was offering an opportunity to apply for a Citi credit card in order to complete my purchase on PotteryBarns website... Just nuts...  Same thing happened when I went to Spring Hills website to buy plants.. Somehow google scanned my email contents and then displayed a ad that included infomation about a recent purchase I made on a competting site ( google picked up on an order confirmation email in my inbox ) and it offered me a discount if I bought from Spring Hill...  It shouldn't be allowed... Very creepy..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 5 of 7
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Yeah it's getting beyond ridiculous.  The joke about Discover IT was that I already have the card.  But, other than that, I can't even go on the internet without getting pushed ads for things I have looked at.  For instance.... I was searching a few luxury hotels in Chicago for an upcoming vacation and now there are ads for at least one hotel I looked at on EVERY site I am going on, including youtube.  I guess it's just normal now. 

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Firefox browser with AdBlockPlus and NoScript addons. Better Privacy addon to eliminate LSO cookies. Don't allow third party cookies. Set other cookies to be removed when you close your browser. Check the "Tell web sites not to track me" box in Preferences. Forbid pop-ups in Preferences.

Web surfing becomes a whole more peaceful and less creepy experience.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.