Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW SUCCESS!!! And not how you think!

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

GW SUCCESS!!! And not how you think!

So I've been reading the forums for about a month now. Reading the various ways people have been dealing with their credit and posting a few threads with questions of my own. Anyway so I'm still in school and taking a computer class which is pretty easy. The way the assignments were given to us was a bit confusing at first and I accidentally turned in two wrong assignments at the beginning of the semester. The professor was quick to let me know the assignments I turned in were the wrong assignements. So I scrambled to finish the right assignements. Late as they were, 20 points off two assignments. So I emailed him a GW letter asking him if he could make a GW adjustment and remove the 'lates'.. using language I learned here on the forums. I received a response today saying "I will compromise and move them both to 90s." 20 points total for my grade in which I wouldn't have had. Without learning what I learned here I would have just accepted the late grades and not have attempted a GW letter. I know this is for people rebuiding their credit, but hey its a life skill you can use elsewhere as well. 

Thank you myfico forums for helping me raise my grades! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: GW SUCCESS!!! And not how you think!

+1

Message 2 of 6
Guava
Established Contributor

LOL! Thread title got me interested, and the content was awesome. Congrats!!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

this to say the least is pretty epic!!! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 6
quest208
Frequent Contributor

LOL pretty awesome.

"myfico skills...dont leave home without them."  that would be a good ad

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 5 of 6
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Nice Smiley Happy I can tell you, speaking as a TA, that I would waive 'late fees' too if someone approached me that way. In general, just showing up for office hours when you have a problem and/or setting up an appointment--and actually showing up for it (in other words, behaving respectfully and/or showing that you actually like the course (if you do)), can buy you a lot of good will with your TAs (probably profs as well). I can tell you that when the grading time comes, these things can and will bump your grade (esp. if there's a participation component to it). YMMV of course.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.