Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geico premium decrease!

tag
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: Geico premium decrease!

I pay $234.07 a month for one vehicle & $283.05 on another... I would love to only pay $60.00 a month. My heart would probably melt. Lol.
Message 11 of 24
twall06
Frequent Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali why is yours so high thats crazy .
Message 12 of 24
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@twall06 wrote:
@GMCSierraDenali why is yours so high thats crazy .

I'm only 22, Smiley Sad. I just started my own policy last October. I've been on my parents policy since I was 17 & just switched over to my own via Geico's family program.

Message 13 of 24
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Thats still crazy when i got off my parents with geico i was 21 mine stayed the same and never decreased . But at that time they did have the cheapest rate i could find and i never had a problem with them .
Message 14 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It depends a lot on the vehicle you insure and whether you are male or female.  Females tend to have lower rates than males the same age.

Message 15 of 24
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, my insurance has never been more than $170. It was even cheap on my corvette, which really surprised me.
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 16 of 24
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

I pay $155 a month to fully insure a 2010 mazda 3 and liabiity only on an 84 mercedes. Im 29 and a male. I wonder if I could get it cheaper but I love USAA...

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 17 of 24
twall06
Frequent Contributor

USAA is usually higher most people keep them cause it is who they have always had . I would just get a few quotes may find it cheaper..
Message 18 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@twall06 wrote:
USAA is usually higher most people keep them cause it is who they have always had . I would just get a few quotes may find it cheaper..

For me they are significantly lower than any other insurance.

Message 19 of 24
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@twall06 wrote:
Thats still crazy when i got off my parents with geico i was 21 mine stayed the same and never decreased . But at that time they did have the cheapest rate i could find and i never had a problem with them .

What kind of car do you have on your own policy & how old were you when you were first put on your parents ?

@guiness56 wrote:

It depends a lot on the vehicle you insure and whether you are male or female.  Females tend to have lower rates than males the same age.

22 year old male with an '03 GMC Sierra Denali & an '08 GMC Sierra Denali... When i was on my parents I was insured under their '04 GMC Yukon XL & '07 Chevy Avalance. Would being a young male being insured with trucks cause such a high monthly payment ? Although I do have one accident (deemed wasn't my fault) when I was 17 or 18 on my record & 2 points on my license (February '12) for driving w/my high beams on by accident (got pulled over by a cop who was having a bad day).

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.