Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting ready for the hurricane!!

Keeping ya'll in prayer!  Stay safe!
Message 11 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm preparing too. DH was sent to NO with his unit yesterday, so I will be fending for myself this time. Dad is being stubborn and in total denial (kinda like with Rita and his entire house was lost) So, I am taking DD with me to my FIL's in Dallas.

Stay safe everyone!
Message 12 of 62
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Will keep you all posted!  you do the same..  stef where are you?

How's this for timing?  DH and I were going to NO this weekend for anniversary.  I told him we had better wait since all roads were now leading north.

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 08-29-2008 10:07 PM
Message 13 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are in Lake Charles.

This just had to come up and ruin your anniversary. Hope you guys can still enjoy your time when you get settled at your new 'vacation spot'. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

southernficoaddict wrote:
Will keep you all posted!  you do the same..  stef where are you?

How's this for timing?  DH and I were going to NO this weekend for anniversary.  I told him we had better wait since all roads were now leading north.

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 08-29-2008 10:07 PM

Sorry to hear that your anniversary plans will be ruined.
Message 15 of 62
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

I just checked TWC for hurricane update, and I think I should have bought more than 2 cases of water at Wal-Mart yesterday.  Poor Cuba right about now...
Message 16 of 62
athensguy
Valued Contributor

It's up to Category 4 now, and they're predicting it will land on the US as a Category 4 or 5. Watch out! Just yesterday they were only predicting Cat. 3.
Message 17 of 62
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

DD#1 and I are heading back to Walley World after dark to see whats left of the water and ice, etc.  Maybe it won't be so crowded at 9 or 10 tonight. 

Jewelrygirl, are you all ready for this?  Looks like yall are going to get it pretty bad.
Message 18 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Houston. I didn't live here when Rita started heading for Texas. But I do remember watching the news and seeing everybody stuck on the highways when it was 99° outside. (even more fun with the humidity and turning your air conditioner off to save gas). I bet a lot of cars had overheating problems while sitting out there for hours and hours on end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:RitaHoustonEvacuation.jpg

Houston is about as ready as can be. The city went around and cleaned out as many ditches and drains as they could a few weeks ago when the last storm was supposed to be heading this way. And the ground is fairly dry, so it should be able to soak up the water to a certain extent.

But for now, it's just a waiting game. We've got lots of canned food and water. But it's the power outage/no air conditioning that people here worry about. The hospital district has done upgrading of their drainage systems to prevent another Allison style flood.
Message 19 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

southernficoaddict wrote:

Jewelrygirl, are you all ready for this?  Looks like yall are going to get it pretty bad.

No.  Not really.  My family got out which makes me feel better, but I have to say, I am pretty nervous.  I can't leave.  I want to, but I can't.  This really sucks.

If anyone else is in harm's way, please leave if you can.  I wish everyone luck.  I will be on and off of here as long as possible.  I will keep ya'll informed of what's going on.  Say a prayer.
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.