Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready for the hurricane!!

tag
first48
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting ready for the hurricane!!

No, I don't think so.  We have already gotten water and food. I will be with my sister and she has a generator if the power goes out, which I am sure it will, and she has a gas stove.  I have never been in a Hurricane without my mother and I just kind of feel left out.  I am just going to make the best of it.  Every time I feel like I am going to be okay then I get a phone call from my ex in laws from Dallas, Tx telling me wrong information.  The last time they called a few minutes ago they stated BR was issued a mandatory evacuation which is not true.  I know they may be worried as they are evacuees from Katrina who have since made a home in Dallas.  I have decided I have to stop answering their calls until after the storm has passed.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 31 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. If you don't lost power/internet........let us know how you make it.

Same goes for all others in the area. Wish you the best.
Message 32 of 62
first48
Frequent Contributor

Thank you very much.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 33 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far so good.  I am held up here in the hospital.  We still have power out here.  We will have internet connection unless the phone lines go down.  The weather isn't that bad out here yet.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I doubt it though.  Trying to stay optimistic.  I am on the top floor of the hospital, so if the roof goes, so do I.  I will keep ya'll updated.  Good luck everyone.
Message 34 of 62
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
So far so good. I am held up here in the hospital. We still have power out here. We will have internet connection unless the phone lines go down. The weather isn't that bad out here yet. Hopefully it stays that way. I doubt it though. Trying to stay optimistic. I am on the top floor of the hospital, so if the roof goes, so do I. I will keep ya'll updated. Good luck everyone.

Well, don't go flying off to Oz! hang in there, we're thinking about all of you.

I've had CNN and the Weather Channel on all day. Now that I finally had a chance to visit New Orleans, I can recognize a lot of the spots they're broadcasting from. Very unnerving.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 62
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

After Katrina the cell phone service was down for a week or so.  After that it was still hit or miss for 2 months.  Only text messaging worked well for communications.  The storm is supposed to make landfall near Houma tomorrow afternoon.  I'm sure we'll lose contact with dad after that unless the cell phone towers have been beefed up since Katrina.

DH will make his way back there as soon as possible after the storm passes.  We'll be glued to the TV after that hoping to get an idea of the situation at home.  For now it's just too depressing to watch.

First48, I'm sorry you're having a rough time without your mother there.  I know storms can be very scary.  I hope you stay safe.

Jewelry, glad you checked in.  I hope the roof doesn't go.  We don't want to lose you.

How are you doing, southernFico?

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phoenix-rising wrote:
After Katrina the cell phone service was down for a week or so.  After that it was still hit or miss for 2 months.  Only text messaging worked well for communications.  The storm is supposed to make landfall near Houma tomorrow afternoon.  I'm sure we'll lose contact with dad after that unless the cell phone towers have been beefed up since Katrina.

DH will make his way back there as soon as possible after the storm passes.  We'll be glued to the TV after that hoping to get an idea of the situation at home.  For now it's just too depressing to watch.

I hope that we don't lose cell phone service again.  That was horrible.  I will be praying for your dad.  We still have cable for now, but don't know how long that will last.  I will keep you updated as much as I can.  It's pretty calm out here right now which is pretty scary.  Knock on wood.  I'll be on and off throughout the nite letting ya'll know how it's going. 

Thanks for the prayers.  Keep praying.  We could use all of the prayers we can get.
Message 37 of 62
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Are you getting any rain or wind yet JG?

AFAIK all my co-workers have left Houma.  One of my co-workers who lives in Raceland told me on Friday told me his wife and children were going to weather the storm at the hospital in Raceland and he was going to stay home to take care of their dog.  I called to check on him this morning and he told me he was in Houston and had changed his mind yesterday about riding out the storm at home.  I'm glad that so many people were able to get out of harms way.

Has stef checked in lately?
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are starting to get a little rain.  The wind is starting to pick up a little.  I guess this is the beginning of the bad stuff.

I'm glad that your friend left town.  Are his wife and children still at the hospital?  I probably know them.  Such a small world.  Lol.

Message 39 of 62
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Everything ok here.  have gotten some squalls but not too bad .  I guess the only thing we will have to worry about today are tornadoes. 

Phoenix everything ok with you all?
What about you JG?  What time do you get off work, and are you just going to stay there and ride it out?

First 48, keep us posted on yourself as well.

Thanks, everybody!
Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.