Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Going cashless to fight rising financial crime

Bribery, tax evasion, money laundering, counterfeiting, corruption, even the finance of terrorism. These are among a long list of crimes enabled by the use of "cash." The attempt to crack down on these crimes is driving governments and a range of companies to pursue the potential of a cashless society.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/20/going-cashless-to-battle-financial-crimes-.html

In America cash is king I dont see this going over very well here/

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."
- Rhonda Byrne
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Going cashless to fight rising financial crime

Interesting to me because i haven't carried cash in America for years. It takes up too much space, is too easy to lose, and i have no record of where it went.

Credit cards are a much better fit for me.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

gdale6 wrote:

Bribery, tax evasion, money laundering, counterfeiting, corruption, even the finance of terrorism. These are among a long list of crimes enabled by the use of "cash." The attempt to crack down on these crimes is driving governments and a range of companies to pursue the potential of a cashless society.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/20/going-cashless-to-battle-financial-crimes-.html

In America cash is king I dont see this going over very well here/

+1. In a society where people will still rise up in arms at the mere suggestion of abolishing the 1-cent coin, let alone the 1-dollar bill, and where every single attempt to introduce a new coin in recent years has flopped to one degree or another (when was the last time you saw a Susan B. Anthony or Sacajawea dollar coin?) I see no good prospect of the government and business being able to achieve their cashless vision either, particularly as someone who put down cold hard green cash for his new iPhone, his new desktop PC, and the down payment on his car. Americans tend to be astoundingly resistant to change in this area.

P.S. I have a 1995-series two-dollar bill that I got as change at a local restaurant back about 5 or 6 years ago; I keep it in the driver's-license pocket of my wallet as I don't know when I'm liable, if ever, to see another one.

Rebuilding credit since 2015 (BK filed 8/14, discharged 12/14) - started out in 570's, now approaching 700 (FICO 4/17:TU 627/EX 662/EQ 659 FICO 8 or 690 NG 2, VS 3.0 4/21/17: TU 684/EX 685/EQ 691)! $951 Cap One secured/$3000 Cap One unsecured/$800 Amazon Prime Store Card/$2500 Discover It (NEW 03-21-17)/$10k PenFed used car loan/$5k Navient student loan. In the garden until Sept. 2017 unless I get an offer I can't possibly refuse...
Super Contributor

joe8185 wrote:

+1. In a society where people will still rise up in arms at the mere suggestion of abolishing the 1-cent coin, let alone the 1-dollar bill, and where every single attempt to introduce a new coin in recent years has flopped to one degree or another (when was the last time you saw a Susan B. Anthony or Sacajawea dollar coin?) I see no good prospect of the government and business being able to achieve their cashless vision either, particularly as someone who put down cold hard green cash for his new iPhone, his new desktop PC, and the down payment on his car. Americans tend to be astoundingly resistant to change in this area.

P.S. I have a 1995-series two-dollar bill that I got as change at a local restaurant back about 5 or 6 years ago; I keep it in the driver's-license pocket of my wallet as I don't know when I'm liable, if ever, to see another one.

Sure wish they would bring back large bills like the $1,000 bill. Always works where you are going to pay for a meal and that is all you have ... of course no one can break it so someone else covers the cost Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 832
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.