tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodbye, MyFico!

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
Today I woke up wondering, why did app for DC yesterday? I had been gardening for 3 months, but after this relapse I've realized that if I keep coming to this board, I'll never be able to commit to gardening the way I used to when I started my credit journey (4 years between apps). I love you all. Goodbye!

Bon Voyage. We'll see you when you're done gardening. Smiley Wink

Perhaps we need to come up with another term in addition to gardening. A word that means hard core gardening where you don't even visit any credit related websites, staying away from all temptation.

What would be the point of that?  The point of having a gardening thread here is so people can talk about their gardening and their successes, etc.  If you had some uber form where you couldn't even do that, there would be no point in even having it...

Talking about gardening helps some people. For others, it doesn't help at all, as evidenced by the threads/replies in the impossible to garden threads. And also this thread. The only way for some people to not app is to stay away from sites like myFICO. I'm gonna call it hard core gardening.

Question: "Where's thelethargicage?"

Answer: "thelethargicage is hard core gardening!"

If by "hard core" gardening you mean "actually gardening" (as opposed to claiming to be gardening and then "falling out" of the garden 2 weeks later like 95% of people on this board), then yes, I am "hard core" gardening.

Message 21 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
Today I woke up wondering, why did app for DC yesterday? I had been gardening for 3 months, but after this relapse I've realized that if I keep coming to this board, I'll never be able to commit to gardening the way I used to when I started my credit journey (4 years between apps). I love you all. Goodbye!

Perhaps we need to come up with another term in addition to gardening. A word that means hard core gardening where you don't even visit any credit related websites, staying away from all temptation.

What would be the point of that?  The point of having a gardening thread here is so people can talk about their gardening and their successes, etc.  If you had some uber form where you couldn't even do that, there would be no point in even having it...

Talking about gardening helps some people. For others, it doesn't help at all, as evidenced by the threads/replies in the impossible to garden threads. And also this thread. The only way for some people to not app is to stay away from sites like myFICO. I'm gonna call it hard core gardening.

If by "hard core" gardening you mean "actually gardening" (as opposed to claiming to be gardening and then "falling out" of the garden 2 weeks later like 95% of people on this board), then yes, I am "hard core" gardening.

@thelethargicage wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

This made me laugh. You are so right.

While this board can be a tremendous source of support, the bottom line is that many of the posters who intend to garden or state intentions of gardening do "fall out" sooner than anticipated. While part of that can be just someone changing their mind, sometimes this board leads to too much temptation. Like someone else touched on, for some people it helps to discuss gardening, but it also gets to a point of, what is there to discuss? You're simply not applying for cards. The garden thread often turns into a discussion of cards people want, defeating the point.

If it's not helpful to your gardening to be on here, so be it - it makes sense. Good luck!

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of people garden differently. Smiley Happy

I garden from bonus to bonus. Unfortunately my profile currently will not support any more hot bonuses, And I won't resort to store card tricks just to get that warm fuzzy feeling. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.