cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the discover IT card yesterday, hmm the looks of it...

tag
topisnear
Established Member

Got the discover IT card yesterday, hmm the looks of it...

So I upgraded to the IT card and it finally came in the mail yesterday. Nice little package it came with but now that i see and feel the card im not sure if i like it. I read a thread on here where someone said it looks like a gift card, and i wont go that far but you do have to get used to it. I think I like it lol but im just waiting for a cashier to say what the heck is this!! Any odd comments you get when you pull it out, please do share...

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
Discover IT $0 on $2300, Wells Fargo Platinum $0 on $1600,
Capital one QuickSilver $0 on $1000, Wells LOC 0 of $5000
Scores: Purchased here on myfico
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Goals: 720+ all across and a AMEX PRG
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got the discover IT card yesterday, hmm the looks of it...

I like the look of the card is some ways. But dislike that my numbers and info is rubbing off the cards Back(Front really). only 16 months old : (.   I would llike the card if they just raised bump the info like a normal credit card. Keep same color scheme. Can even keep card reversed if they like but the printing wears badly

Message 2 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

I like the look of the card is some ways. But dislike that my numbers and info is rubbing off the cards Back(Front really). only 16 months old : (.   I would llike the card if they just raised bump the info like a normal credit card. Keep same color scheme. Can even keep card reversed if they like but the printing wears badly

I like the Garnet color I changed to after first getting the original.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 19
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

How do you select a different Card design with the Discover IT? Are all the card design just printing on a card that wears easily? Like the original blue DISCOVER IT.

Message 4 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

How do you select a different Card design with the Discover IT? Are all the card design just printing on a card that wears easily? Like the original blue DISCOVER IT.

There are a few color choices for the Discover IT. Yes mine is just printed on like the original.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 19
dabossman
Contributor

I don't know why but i always feel weird when i pay with my discover, idk why, like growing up my dad had his amex and a visa and i respect him alot cuz he has excellent credit, so i grew up thinking discover and mastercard weren't as good so naturally my first few cards were a visa and an amex, but now i do have MC and Diiscover, but still feel a little weird when i use my disocver

Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 6 of 19
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

In life they hardly notice when a person uses a fake credit card. They dont care if its a gift card. And these days discover has a pretty decent respect in the credit market. Some people wish they had a discover card over some of their Visa and Mastercards. 110%.

Message 7 of 19
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

I received my card in February, and there was a clear protective cover over the card number/name/dates. I'm assuming this is because people had issues with the information rubbing off. Request a new card and it should have the protection on there.

OP, I've noticed a few cashiers look at the card in a weird way... Just a little confused look for a second before turning it around.
Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 8 of 19
mikelo22
Established Contributor

I had the same reservations when I got mine, but I've come to really love it. Yes, having the name/info on the back does look kind of gift-cardish. There's been more than a few times where I've handed the card to a cashier and they have to flip it around with a peculiar look on their face to see where the name/info is at.

Message 9 of 19
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Thats the only look I have ever gotten for the card. Confused, People new to CC and New to Cashiering.  the "WHERE ARE THE NUMBERS" never seen this before.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.