Established Member
topisnear

Got the discover IT card yesterday, hmm the looks of it...

So I upgraded to the IT card and it finally came in the mail yesterday. Nice little package it came with but now that i see and feel the card im not sure if i like it. I read a thread on here where someone said it looks like a gift card, and i wont go that far but you do have to get used to it. I think I like it lol but im just waiting for a cashier to say what the heck is this!! Any odd comments you get when you pull it out, please do share...

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
Discover IT $0 on $2300, Wells Fargo Platinum $0 on $1600,
Capital one QuickSilver $0 on $1000, Wells LOC 0 of $5000
Scores: Purchased here on myfico
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Goals: 720+ all across and a AMEX PRG
Frequent Contributor
MidnightJester

Re: Got the discover IT card yesterday, hmm the looks of it...

I like the look of the card is some ways. But dislike that my numbers and info is rubbing off the cards Back(Front really). only 16 months old : (.   I would llike the card if they just raised bump the info like a normal credit card. Keep same color scheme. Can even keep card reversed if they like but the printing wears badly

Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

MidnightJester wrote:

I like the look of the card is some ways. But dislike that my numbers and info is rubbing off the cards Back(Front really). only 16 months old : (.   I would llike the card if they just raised bump the info like a normal credit card. Keep same color scheme. Can even keep card reversed if they like but the printing wears badly

I like the Garnet color I changed to after first getting the original.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Frequent Contributor
MidnightJester

How do you select a different Card design with the Discover IT? Are all the card design just printing on a card that wears easily? Like the original blue DISCOVER IT.

Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

MidnightJester wrote:

How do you select a different Card design with the Discover IT? Are all the card design just printing on a card that wears easily? Like the original blue DISCOVER IT.

There are a few color choices for the Discover IT. Yes mine is just printed on like the original.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

New Contributor
dabossman

I don't know why but i always feel weird when i pay with my discover, idk why, like growing up my dad had his amex and a visa and i respect him alot cuz he has excellent credit, so i grew up thinking discover and mastercard weren't as good so naturally my first few cards were a visa and an amex, but now i do have MC and Diiscover, but still feel a little weird when i use my disocver

In the garden

TU: 741 EXP 746 EQ: 731 CK: 747 Discover Fico 749 Barclay Fico 749
Oldest to Newest Wells Fargo Student Card - 1500 CL. Clear Amex - 3500 CL Discover it - 3300 CL Cap1 Quicksilver - 3000 Cl AMEX BCE - 2500 CL Sallie Mae WMC - 5000 Chase Freedom - 1200 CL BoA Better Balance Reward - 900 CL

Frequent Contributor
MidnightJester

In life they hardly notice when a person uses a fake credit card. They dont care if its a gift card. And these days discover has a pretty decent respect in the credit market. Some people wish they had a discover card over some of their Visa and Mastercards. 110%.

Regular Contributor
C24Webb

I received my card in February, and there was a clear protective cover over the card number/name/dates. I'm assuming this is because people had issues with the information rubbing off. Request a new card and it should have the protection on there.

OP, I've noticed a few cashiers look at the card in a weird way... Just a little confused look for a second before turning it around.
Card/Limit/Opened -- Discover it: $10,700 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | USAA Platinum MasterCard: $9,000 6/11 | Banana Republic Visa: $3,500 7/14 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 3/12
History -- AAoA: 24 months | Oldest account: 87 months | Inquiries: 2 EX 3 EQ 2 TU | Score: 731 (Discover TU) 730 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Regular Contributor
mikelo22

I had the same reservations when I got mine, but I've come to really love it. Yes, having the name/info on the back does look kind of gift-cardish. There's been more than a few times where I've handed the card to a cashier and they have to flip it around with a peculiar look on their face to see where the name/info is at.

EQ FICO: 752 | TU FICO: 742 | EX FICO: 738 (12/18/14)
Frequent Contributor
MidnightJester

Thats the only look I have ever gotten for the card. Confused, People new to CC and New to Cashiering.  the "WHERE ARE THE NUMBERS" never seen this before.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}