Blue Oyster Cult -- On your feet or on your knees

Peter Frampton -- Frampton Comes Alive

Kiss -- Alive

Kiss -- Alive II

Humble Pie -- Rockin the Fillmore

Ted Nugent -- Double Live Gonzo

Queen -- Live Killers

Rolling Stones -- Love You Live

Paul McCartney & Wings -- Wings Over America (actually a 3-LP "Triple Live" set!!!)

I know CDs offer superior sound, but it's just not the same without the experience of the gatefold sleeve!

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great Progressive Rock Albums

marty56,

Wasn't "Baron Von Tollbooth..." actually credited to Kantner-Slick?  Or maybe I'm thinking of a different one.

Funny thing about Fleetwood Mac, for a few years there I actually thought the "classic" Buckingham-Nicks lineup was the original lineup!   

Would you consider Roxy Music "Progressive Rock"?  I know most people would call them glitter-rock or the origins of new wave, but I think they were very progressive in an avant-garde sense.

What about Hawkwind?

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa, almost forgot to include:

Led Zeppelin -- The Song Remains The Same (movie soundtrack)

Foghat -- Foghat Live

The Allman Brothers -- At The Fillmore

Rush -- All The World's a Stage

(any others???)...

Message 23 of 24
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

marty56,

Wasn't "Baron Von Tollbooth..." actually credited to Kantner-Slick?  Or maybe I'm thinking of a different one.

Funny thing about Fleetwood Mac, for a few years there I actually thought the "classic" Buckingham-Nicks lineup was the original lineup!   

Would you consider Roxy Music "Progressive Rock"?  I know most people would call them glitter-rock or the origins of new wave, but I think they were very progressive in an avant-garde sense.

What about Hawkwind?

I view  Baron Von Tollbooth as the bridge album between Kantner solo and the Starship since Kantner/Slick/Freiberg where the core of the starship before they went AOR.

Roxy Music would be in.

I only know Hawkwind from Michael Moorcock and Lemmy (Motorhead).  They probably would be listed in progressive rock.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.