Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gustav's impact on a myFICO family member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gustav's impact on a myFICO family member

sidewinder wrote:
Phoenix stated on another thread on this board that their house only had minor damage and no flooding.

Thank you, sidewinder!  I appreciate your VERY timely response!!!

I'm reading the thread about preparations right now but haven't gotten very far into it.  I had forgotten that Phoenix is in Houma which, as I understand it, was basically levelled during Gustav ~ obviously it's a HUGE relief to know they are okay and the house made it through okay.  Our city looked like a war zone when we left.

I have lots of pics, will post them over the next day or two.
Message 11 of 13
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for thinking of me Whats. I'm so sorry to hear about wahmom's home. I didn't realize you both lived in LA. I can't even begin to imagine how devastated wahmom's family must be. Please tell her I'm thinking of her.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 12 of 13
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi y'all. Just wanted to let you know that our beloved wahmom lost her house and nearly lost her dad to Hurricane Gustav.
Her dad is okay, but the tree that completely destroyed their family's home missed him by mere inches. She and her family are fine, physically, as they evacuated before the storm, but their home is, as I understand it, a total loss. There may be a few small items that are salvageable (sp?) but they've essentially lost everything except their lives.
Please keep the family in your prayers! Her sister also had two trees fall on her home but the damage was not as severe, if I understand correctly.
It's hard enough when it hits us that we are evacuees but to then have it hit you that you are a HOMELESS evacuee ~ things take on a whole new perspective. My heart breaks for her family!!!
She and I are keeping in touch, so I'll try to get in here periodically and drop updates. At this time, they are in a Texas hotel, as are we.
I'm proud to say that Bobby Jindal, our new Governor, did a D A M N good job this time and really proved that our former Governor simply didn't have her *&^* together ~ she didn't honestly try AT ALL!!! FEMA really stepped up their game, as well, and Michael Chertoff stated early on that they had already identified places where the disaster plan could be improved.
Be blessed & thanks for keeping wahmom and other families affected by Gustav in your prayers. Ike appears to be following the path that Gustav laid out, so further prayers are definitely warranted!!

I am so sorry to learn this, they will be in my prayers. When I was a child we had a bad fire, and for years after I had nightmares about that.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.