Did you mean: 

Guys, do yourself a favor and stay out of the dog house this Christmas

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Guys, do yourself a favor and stay out of the dog house this Christmas

MidnightVoice wrote:

@fishbjc wrote:

A few years ago I asked DH & DS for a pair of Baldwin Brass Wall Sconces.  I ended up with a WOK.  I screamed!  He said, well I knew it began with a *W*.  The salesclerk at the coach counter made a nice commission that season.

DS now knows that anything with a PLUG is not WANTED as a gift of any sort.
>

None of our woks have plugs  Smiley Very Happy

Seriously? They have woks in Iowa? With or without plugs? Smiley Surprised

I had to zoom in a half dozen times, but the seal on the desk of the Review Board features a dog house in the middle, surrounded by the inscription, "Bring us your THOUGHTLESS, your SELFISH, your LAME MASSES." Smiley Very Happy And I love the PA system in the background, "Stop checking out other women in restaurants... Listen, but don't interrupt... Apologize without being asked..."

Wow, where was the Doghouse when I got that wheelbarrow?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DH was checking out cookware??? Had to have me come check it out for my approval??? I said Um nah we have plenty of cookware not to mention I see no need in spending that much on non stick cookware when you & the kids can't keep knives & forks out of them......They ruined my pampered chef collection Smiley Surprised  Besides if I can convince him a card is more than enough I'd rather have the card.... that means NO SPENDING which would make me very very happy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I asked my husband for a vacuum cleaner for xmas!  He asked me what I wanted and that was it. He wouldn't get me that, though.  He just went out and bought me one that day for the heck of it.  Of course, now I don't know what to tell him what I want.
Message 13 of 28
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, I asked my husband for a vacuum cleaner for xmas!  He asked me what I wanted and that was it. He wouldn't get me that, though.  He just went out and bought me one that day for the heck of it.  Of course, now I don't know what to tell him what I want.

Either you have a very clean husband or you keep a very dirty floor Smiley Wink

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

very funny.

I'm sorry if some of you married women like that.........I was raised to smile graciously and bitch later to a family member.........

Ha!  Although I'm not sure that is much better.

I have had some thoughtless gifts before...but I was too smitten by love to ever be mean to the gifter....

Message 15 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

very funny vid
Message 16 of 28
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hilarious

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

1111mel wrote:

very funny.

I'm sorry if some of you married women like that.........I was raised to smile graciously and bitch later to a family member.........

Ha!  Although I'm not sure that is much better.

I have had some thoughtless gifts before...but I was too smitten by love to ever be mean to the gifter....

Well, fwiw, I don't pitch fits. I understand how hard it can be for some people to pick gifts. But on the other hand, unless I wanted things to progress to a lawn tractor for our tenth, I did have to say (in time for Christmas) "That wasn't really what I had in mind." I can promise you that if I hadn't, I would have eventually been getting Lowe's and Home Depot gift cards.

As it was, we gave one another a new septic drain field for our 25th, due to the poor timing of our house's waste system. :-(
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

For our first anniversary together, he got me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I was underwhelmed.. not only because it was like "whaa?!" but also because of the price!! Like $250! And at that time we were living on $500 per payday! Didn't say anything though, because he was very obviously SO proud of himself Smiley Indifferent

I am much more grateful than his exwife though.. when they got engaged, she cried when he showed her the ring and said "I just thought it would be a lot bigger!" He was a Lance Corporal in the USMC at the time and saved paychecks for two months! Greedy b--! She had him return it and buy her a bigger one on credit... that was the beginning of the end, lol.

Message 19 of 28
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am much more grateful than his exwife though.. when they got engaged, she cried when he showed her the ring and said "I just thought it would be a lot bigger!" He was a Lance Corporal in the USMC at the time and saved paychecks for two months! Greedy b--! She had him return it and buy her a bigger one on credit... that was the beginning of the end, lol.

People buy each other rings when they get engaged?  People get engaged? How quaint!  Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 12-05-2008 08:23 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.