Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guys, do yourself a favor and stay out of the dog house this Christmas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guys, do yourself a favor and stay out of the dog house this Christmas

Yes, MV, it is how people guarantee their legal right to run their spouse's credit into the ground!! Smiley Wink
Message 21 of 28
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

This maybe off the subject but my stepdad's mom brought my mother one xmas a Halloween sweater. Yes people a HALLOWEEN sweater. My dad did not make the moment seem right when he says well it goes great with the Halloween socks you were around the house. All i can say if looks could kill; it would have been a murder in that house on Xmas day.

Great video 

FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 22 of 28
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, MV, it is how people guarantee their legal right to run their spouse's credit into the ground!! Smiley Wink

Not any more:

Formerly, a breach of the engagement to marry was a Cause of Action in several jurisdictions, but this is not true today.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 28
MattH
Senior Contributor

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

4 mins & 40 seconds, you will enjoy especially if there is a spouse or significant other in your life.

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/video.aspx

LOL! My father-in-law once actually got his current wife EXACTLY the vacuum cleaner depicted in that video.  She's a very tolerant woman but perhaps there's good reason why she is his THIRD wife.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 24 of 28
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For our first anniversary together, he got me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I was underwhelmed.. not only because it was like "whaa?!" but also because of the price!! Like $250! And at that time we were living on $500 per payday! Didn't say anything though, because he was very obviously SO proud of himself Smiley Indifferent

I am much more grateful than his exwife though.. when they got engaged, she cried when he showed her the ring and said "I just thought it would be a lot bigger!" He was a Lance Corporal in the USMC at the time and saved paychecks for two months! Greedy b--! She had him return it and buy her a bigger one on credit... that was the beginning of the end, lol.

When my wife and I told my mother we were getting engaged, she gave us a lovely turquoise ring that's been in the family since circa 1885 (it belonged originally to my grandmother's aunt), which is MUCH more meaningful than anything we could have bought.  After wearing it for almost 19 years, my wfe still regularly tells the story to new acquaintances.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 25 of 28
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

OMG! This is Super Funny! 

My fave is the line, "What is that on your lip?"

It reminds me of my dad, he bought my mom 12 bottles of roll-on deodorant for Christmas back in the 70's. He wrapped each one individually. By the time she opened the third one, she was about to cry, he was so proud of himself! He told her he got her one for each month of the year since she liked that kind so much.The three of us just busted out laughing, we thought it was hillarious. We kept waiting for the real gift, this was the real gift!

Then she brought out his gift, she had saved money all year to buy him a rifle that he really wanted. Too bad she didn't load it up and try it out that day, if you know what I mean!

We look at those Christmas photos every Christmas Eve and still get a laugh at the photo of mom holding up the deodorant and smiling for the camera. I do not know how she didn't cry, I would have balled!

Dad definitely would have gotten the Denied stamp! However, I am sure mom denied him of a lot for a long time, we just didn't talk about that kind of stuff in our house!  

Not applicable

@mymoneynow wrote:

OMG! This is Super Funny! 

My fave is the line, "What is that on your lip?"

It reminds me of my dad, he bought my mom 12 bottles of roll-on deodorant for Christmas back in the 70's. He wrapped each one individually. By the time she opened the third one, she was about to cry, he was so proud of himself! He told her he got her one for each month of the year since she liked that kind so much.The three of us just busted out laughing, we thought it was hillarious. We kept waiting for the real gift, this was the real gift!

Then she brought out his gift, she had saved money all year to buy him a rifle that he really wanted. Too bad she didn't load it up and try it out that day, if you know what I mean!

We look at those Christmas photos every Christmas Eve and still get a laugh at the photo of mom holding up the deodorant and smiling for the camera. I do not know how she didn't cry, I would have balled!

Dad definitely would have gotten the Denied stamp! However, I am sure mom denied him of a lot for a long time, we just didn't talk about that kind of stuff in our house!  

That is too funny.

This has nothing to do with huband/wife exchanging gifts. But- a several years ago, we went to my grandmother's for Christmas as was the norm. We exchanged gifts and my younger brother had the most bewildered look on his face after opening the box. It was a gift to him from our grandmother and he closed it and looked again at the tag. Then, peeked back it like it was going to change. We finally asked why he wouldn't hold his gift up for the picture taken and he burst out crying. Finally I walked over and pulled out the gift. It was a woman's nitegown. My grandmother had received it as a present from her sister and she put the wrong tag on the box. (She would always open her gifts and rewrap and then open with the rest of us if it was from family out of town)

We joked with him for years about his nightie. Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 28
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:
Yeah I brain farted on our very first wedding anniversary, I thought the weekend together in wine country would be enough - it wasn't, so now she has a real nice pair of shoes.
Wow, I'd rather have the weekend in wine country over shoes any time! (not hinting, let me be quick to add! Smiley Wink )

I got a wheelbarrow for our first anniversary. Smiley Sad

That reminds me of a review that I read on epinions.com on weedeaters (string trimmers):

link

I received a Shindaiwa T230 trimmer for my Twenty-Fifth wedding anniversary (from my husband) last Spring, To some people this might sound like an unusual present. If you knew me this would sound like a very practical gift. My passion is with Lawn and Garden equipment, And has always been my first choice on what to spend my hard earned money on. My husband could have choosen something in the Silver Traditional Gifts, Somehow, He knew I would get more use and pleasure by owning one of the best weedeaters on the market.

Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 12-07-2008 05:53 AM
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.