Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?!

Actually swiping your credit card yourself seems to be a new thing to me. I only noticed it after moving to the US. Before that, most places always had the cashier swipe your card.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha, sometimes life is pretty transparent and there aren't any hidden motives. Costco is a store. It purchases goods in bulk. This lets them sell discounted goods. As a result they attract a lot of customers...

Time to start reading CNN instead of Costco cospiracy theory weekly! Smiley Wink
On the contrary, product placement and display is extensively studied and practiced at any store than wants to stay in business. There's a reason that grocery stores start out with produce and wind up with beer and ice cream. (Well, not precisely mixed, or anything.) Sugar-coated crap cereals are down on children's eye-levels, batteries and razors are at check-out for the just-in-case shoppers to add to their mountains of batteries and razors at home, and so forth.

Same thing applies with environmental factors like lighting, music, colors, you name it. Now the dang aisles are starting to talk to you as you walk by the soup cans. Smiley Tongue

I never go in a store without a list.

Very valid points. But let's remember this is Costco we're talking about. It's lighting is reminiscent
of the lighting in my old high school gymnasium. Everything is stacked by the ceilings. The checkout lanes are designed to function like a toll-booth where getting people through is the #1 priority (No razors by the check-out lanes).

Pardon my skepticism, but I feel like lighting and aesthetics were at the bottom of Costco's list when they were designing their "warehouses". $0.30 1-gallon jars of mayonnaise sell themselves! More seriously though, stop by their food bar. $1.50 for a quarter-pound all-beef hot dog with unlimited soda refills? Can't beat that!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.