Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever looked...

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever looked...

I try not to look like im looking but love to see what people are paying with. I work in downtown Chicago, I frequent 7-11 daily for this and that. As one could imagine, every type of person is in line with u at some point.

A lot of people use debit cards, second a lot of foreigners from out of town use Citibank MasterCard’s. 

I also see a lot of Chase southwest visas, occasionally boa better balance rewards, and rarely ever American express.

I use SallieMae MC because 7-11 is treated as a grocery store category wise. But ya, some people don't have time to notice or write posts like this. 

Message 21 of 24
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

oh my gosh Smiley Very Happy  I've TOTALLY done that.....lol and I'd say I get card envy 1 out of every 10 cards (i.e. "thee Centurion card" , US Bank Cash + , Chase Sapphire Preferred, etc.....)

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work at a store and i see cards all day for payments, most people have cap1, a few of my customers have CSP and there are a couple that have AMEX (although we dont accept it here)

Message 23 of 24
j615
Regular Contributor

I also work in retail, and notice that debit outweighs credit by a long shot. I do agree the younger generation (including the employees I work with) seem to lean more towards full-time debit usage, and the older generation pays with cash and even by check (which we don't accept, and they tend to get very angry). I also see banks decline customer purchases when it's a large debit transaction all the time. They have to call their bank to remove the "potential fraud block" for "your protection". It can get a little annoying because the first thing the customer does when it's declined is freak out and say "What?! I have $40,000 in this account!".

I have however seen a few nice eye catching credit cards from customers.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.