Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever looked...

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone ever looked...

So lately when in lines at stores and waiting for people to pay, I've been noticing more and more of the cards people are using.  Sometimes in my head I say oh that's a nice card, or wait that's a subprime card, and sometimes I say I want that card!!!! Has anyone ever caught themselves doing that????

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever looked...

I always check out people's plastic (or metal) everywhere I go. Habit. 

Message 2 of 24
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I always check out people's plastic (or metal) everywhere I go. Habit. 

I just don't want them to think I'm trying to get their digits lol.  It's very interesting to see some cards people have on them or in their wallets.

Message 3 of 24
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

So lately when in lines at stores and waiting for people to pay, I've been noticing more and more of the cards people are using.  Sometimes in my head I say oh that's a nice card, or wait that's a subprime card, and sometimes I say I want that card!!!! Has anyone ever caught themselves doing that????

I look at what other people are using all the time, and judge them based on reward potential, but now that I have CSP, Freedom, Discover IT, and BCP I rarely am  jelous of thre cards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 24
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

I look at what other people are using all the time, and judge them based on reward potential, but now that I have CSP, Freedom, Discover IT, and BCP I rarely am  jelous of thre cards. 

There is very few cards I need in my arsenial, but occasionally I'll see one and just stare at it lol.  I do judge people when their not using their best card at the store as well.  

Message 5 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

There is very few cards I need in my arsenial, but occasionally I'll see one and just stare at it lol.  I do judge people when their not using their best card at the store as well.  

I laugh when I see people use their amex plat cards for EVERYTHING. It's like "how's that 1 point/dollar treating you" I totally understand the card for the benefits, but the rewards are lackluster. 

Message 6 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Of course, some of them may have sufficiently fulfilling lives that worrying about cc rewards falls way down their priority list!

Message 7 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I honestly don't look and don't care to know.  I try to keep my form of payment to myself as much as possible.  It's just one of those things I don't think is anybody's business.

Message 8 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Of course, some of them may have sufficiently fulfilling lives that worrying about cc rewards falls way down their priority list!

I live in boca raton, so that is probably quite true for many of these people. lol. 

Message 9 of 24
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Heh, I always check out what cards people are using!!! 

Maybe it's just my area, but I feel like I see mostly debit cards nowadays.

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.