Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to vent about Farmers Ins.

tag
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Have to vent about Farmers Ins.

So Farmers recently started allowing credit cards to be used for their auto-payment feature. It sounded SO great that I emailed my agent. An extra 1% reward on our insurance....awesome. Well, that excitement was quickly deflated. Lovely Farmers charges $8/mo for their credit card auto-payment feature Smiley Sad. Seriously, they want to charge me a fee for them to get my payment?!! They already charge me $2/mo for auto-pay via checking account!!!!!! Ugh....ok, I'm done venting for now.
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Have to vent about Farmers Ins.

@casmith1980 wrote:
So Farmers recently started allowing credit cards to be used for their auto-payment feature. It sounded SO great that I emailed my agent. An extra 1% reward on our insurance....awesome. Well, that excitement was quickly deflated. Lovely Farmers charges $8/mo for their credit card auto-payment feature Smiley Sad. Seriously, they want to charge me a fee for them to get my payment?!! They already charge me $2/mo for auto-pay via checking account!!!!!! Ugh....ok, I'm done venting for now.

Wow, that is excessive.   Even if you paid $100/month that's 8% !!   So the only way to pay them without a fee is to mail in a check ??

Oh, and this is somewhat off topic but I find their commercials to be really annoying....Cat Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Do they charge you for a non-autopay payment?

State Farm is the exact opposite.  They charge me $1 because I DON'T want my account on autopay Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 8
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if they charge for non-autopay. I think it's ridiculous. If wasn't for the fact that we've been with them forever, I'd probably switch. What's funny is the email where my agent says they charge$8/mo, he ends it with "I want to thank you for your business. I appreciate it". Hahahaha. Thanks for sticking with me while the company I work for screws you Smiley Wink
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@laz98 wrote:

State Farm is the exact opposite.  They charge me $1 because I DON'T want my account on autopay Smiley Indifferent

Wow, that's a new one for me.   I haven't heard of a fee for NOT using autopay.   So if you were to mail them a check they'd charge you an extra buck ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Wow, that's a new one for me.   I haven't heard of a fee for NOT using autopay.   So if you were to mail them a check they'd charge you an extra buck ??

Tell me about it!  I was like REALLY?  Yep, I think if I mailed them a check, they would still charge me.  I can't say for sure, since I don't write checks, but I can't imagine why it would be different.  At least it's only a buck.

Message 6 of 8
Volpes
Regular Contributor

$8/month for auto-pay Smiley Indifferent

I get mail in my street mailbox all the time form Farmers; if only they knew I have insurance with USAA... lol

Message 7 of 8
casmith1980
Established Contributor

From what I'm experiencing with Farmers vs USAA, they are or were managed by mid-century....and now they have some internal BS going on because of my accident in December (the prison at fault has USAA, I have Farmers). They can't reach an agreed price so I most likely will be out my deductible. IMO, all insurance companies are crooks in some way or another Smiley Sad
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.