Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you seen this card

tag
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Re: Have you seen this card

@TRC_WA wrote:

So is it true that women are impressed by what your cards look like? Cuz all my cards are pretty bland looking save the 2 CapOne cards that have custom images.

I got a date tomorrow and dunno if I should pay with my Barclay card cuz it's just a white card... No fancy designs or anything.

If you were my son I would tell you to take her to McDonald's and pay with your Walmart card. This would be a good test to see if she really loves youHeart

Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@cobbson wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

So is it true that women are impressed by what your cards look like? Cuz all my cards are pretty bland looking save the 2 CapOne cards that have custom images.

I got a date tomorrow and dunno if I should pay with my Barclay card cuz it's just a white card... No fancy designs or anything.

If you were my son I would tell you to take her to McDonald's and pay with your Walmart card. This would be a good test to see if she really loves youHeart

Smiley LOL

Don't some Walmarts have Little Ceasers in them?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

but it looked like the logo was cut into the card

An etched logo would have to be on one of their metal cards.  Any other clues?  Color?  Was the MC logo on the back of the card?  I'm guessing the Chase logo was clearly visible?

@TRC_WA wrote:

So is it true that women are impressed by what your cards look like?

Women aren't all identical.  Your call but you probably don't want to be involved with those that are only interested in your cards -- or any object for that matter.

Message 13 of 24
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

As a single woman, I typically don't use that as criteria, esp on a first date.  If it's fancy looking it'll obviously catch my eye but I know that it's not necessarily indicative of his financial situation.  I've dated guys that only use their debit card but have a 750 credit score.  If her attitude changes after you flash the card, I'd question her priorities.

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 14 of 24
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I notice what cards people have but I'm not impressed but what cards a man has.  Certainly not with what they look like. 

You have to put the CSP into the bottom of those readers too. Funny thing is IME a lot of the cashiers don't know that. 

EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 15 of 24
GoldenBoy1
Established Member

New joke....What is 3 1/2 inches long and drives women wild?

An Amex Gold Card 

Message 16 of 24
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Do we have a thread around here of card jokes? 

EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 17 of 24
d12
New Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

@cobbson wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

Smiley LOL

Don't some Walmarts have Little Ceasers in them?

Also, some have Subway.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 18 of 24
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Everytime i see someone use a debit card, i feel sad for them. 

The only card i have that people comment on is my Discover It with the beach background.  I have had 3 or so women comment and say "Thats pretty" or "Id like to be there".  I am married so thats not important to me, but it could start some conversations for all you single guys. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 19 of 24
phonic
Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

Everytime i see someone use a debit card, i feel sad for them.

The only really sad thing about people who use a debit card is when they use it AS a debit card.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.