Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Info needed for travel abroad

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Help! Info needed for travel abroad

For 0% foreign transaction fees, Cap One used to be the one to go with. Don't know if that's true any more.

In this day and age, everyone seems to be delighted to get ahold of money. My youngest was in Ireland last summer, with side trips to Paris and Wales, and she had absolutely no trouble at all.

She went over with a USAA debit card, which she used for daily expenses, and a USAA MC, and a BofA Visa, and my poor terrified AmEx Gold for backup. All of them worked perfectly well, alas.

The one thing that I did read was to have both a Visa and MC (no one cares which bank), in case one of the networks goes down.

Otherwise, I'm sure that there's some place on the planet where plastic doesn't work, but I'm sure that she'll do fine in Israel, plus any of the neighboring countries, should she choose to go.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.