cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help--my heart is hurting for my little boy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help--my heart is hurting for my little boy!

Thank you MathROCKS! It is hard...and yes the gut check is SO important! Thank you for your wonderful post.

I too have thought about Homeschooling, we actually have a really great public school that is done at home over the computer. But DH really wants DS to give it one more year. If things can turn around great, if not we have great options.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

MattH thanks for your post, the last sentence made me think. Maybe I need to talk to him about this.

Like I said he handles role playing well, but when faced with a real life situation maybe he doesn't trust himself in dealing with it.

Thank you for your insight...it may be a special key!
Message 22 of 26
holuh3
Established Member

Perhaps I'm out of line here, but I was a 'weird' kid, who didn't have very many friends because I was somewhat gender-confused in a very intolerant area of the country. Turns out, I'm Gay (yes, I knew at an early age); my parents were supportive, I survived my small town with their help, and now am a functioning, contributing member of society. I'm not saying your son has this particular set of issues, but I want to point out that whatever the issue is, a supportive and protective parent makes the difference. Just stick by him until he is able to fight for himself; you'll be the best weapon he has.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on the kiddo. First off we did check out the Aikido last night and he thinks it might be really cool. The Sensai (spelling) was very professional and had a really good presence about him. He explained how this is non-violent and helps with self control.

Also I found out that there a few other options as far as cub scouts in the area, and we may look into that for the future. For now we have a great get together planned this evening for FUN FRIDAY! So it should be fun.

Also he just competed in the 4th grade Olympics and while he didn't win any of the competitions he did get a medal in good sportsmanship! He was so excited!

So things are getting better by the day and his teacher this year is a GOD send! I love her!

Thanks to all for the wonderful advice. We are taking things one day at a time, and tiny improvements are being seen.

We still have one more place to check out, the TAI CHI, but I am thinking the Aikido may be just the ticket!
Message 24 of 26
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Update on the kiddo. First off we did check out the Aikido last night and he thinks it might be really cool. The Sensai (spelling) was very professional and had a really good presence about him. He explained how this is non-violent and helps with self control.

Also I found out that there a few other options as far as cub scouts in the area, and we may look into that for the future. For now we have a great get together planned this evening for FUN FRIDAY! So it should be fun.

Also he just competed in the 4th grade Olympics and while he didn't win any of the competitions he did get a medal in good sportsmanship! He was so excited!

So things are getting better by the day and his teacher this year is a GOD send! I love her!

Thanks to all for the wonderful advice. We are taking things one day at a time, and tiny improvements are being seen.

We still have one more place to check out, the TAI CHI, but I am thinking the Aikido may be just the ticket!

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction, best wishes, this Sensei sounds like a good sort.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 25 of 26
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction, best wishes, this Sensei sounds like a good sort.

I echo MattH.  Good luck with it!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.