Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help pick a car..

tag
chopperacn
New Contributor

Help pick a car..

you guys are awesome here so just want to throw out a question.I am unable to decide between Acura RDX and BMW X3.Almost same price range and driving feels very similar.anyone has any inputs..?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Help pick a car..

No specific experience with either, but we have owned numerous BMW's and Honda's over the years, and guess which ones live in the shop? (Honda = Acura, of course.)

If you don't mind the maintenance expenses, BMW's are great fun. But in my declining years, I like knowing that when I trudge out to my car to go to work, it will actually start and continue running all the way there and back.

One point --do either of them require the expensive grade of gas? That can be a PITA too.

I realize that I'm showing my age terribly here. Smiley Sad I did love my 1971 2002; great little pocket rocket. If you don't mind replacing head gaskets on a semi-regular basis.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
No specific experience with either, but we have owned numerous BMW's and Honda's over the years, and guess which ones live in the shop? (Honda = Acura, of course.)

If you don't mind the maintenance expenses, BMW's are great fun. But in my declining years, I like knowing that when I trudge out to my car to go to work, it will actually start and continue running all the way there and back.

One point --do either of them require the expensive grade of gas? That can be a PITA too.

I realize that I'm showing my age terribly here. Smiley Sad I did love my 1971 2002; great little pocket rocket. If you don't mind replacing head gaskets on a semi-regular basis.

Agreed. Honda's (Acuras) are great cars that are easy to maintain. Check out car reviews on Consumer Reports (their car buyer's guide is especially good) and the Acuras always come out on top, regardless of what category they're in. Definitely go for the Acura.
Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I LOVE my Bimmer!  It's a '95 E36 / 318 Vert.  Almost 200k & has never left me in the lurch.  My mechanic found this for me (used) about 2.5 years ago & told me...buy it, it's bulletproof.  He was right!

I have yet to do one major repair & drive it in excess of 500 miles every week for work.

I do realize you were talking new vehicle & an SUV, but as for the brand itself... I'm totally sold.  No remorse.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

BMW 335i is my dream car.  Until DW says otherwise.

Whatever you pick, good luck and I hope you get it.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.