Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with the AMeX platinum metal

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Help with the AMeX platinum metal

tried searching online on multiple forums and websites, but unable to get my question answered.

Was hoping one fo you know.

My father in law has the platinum personal, and as soon as I found out about the metal, I informed him to do so. He calls in AMeX, and they said this is only for Platinum Business? Can someone confirm this, or did he just stumble across a rep as dense as he is?

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with the AMeX platinum metal

That is not true, I guess the Rep is misinformed...you can tell your dad to log into the online website and request it via the chat button, there's a delay for them right now though so the wait might be a little longer.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Random...

Your father has been given eroneous information.  Very simple...have him call the number on back  of his amex....1-800-525-3355...and request it. There will be no issues. As of right now the Platinum Business is NOT offering the card in metal....but of course, as with Amex, that may change.

Be well

Gregg

p.s. he can also go on chat and request it, as well as card management on the website and click on card replacement.

G

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested mine on the 30th and was notified that it shipped this morning. Amex said there would be a slight delay because of the high demand for the metal card. Last time I requested a replacement card it was in my hand in less than 15 hours. Amex plat customer service is excellent and I'm quite surprised that the rep was so misinformed.
Message 4 of 6
rex_03
Contributor

Just recieved my platinum card in the mail. it's HEAVY, and it's NOT laminated like Chase products. It has some heft to it.. 18.8 Grams on a scale to be exact!! Laser etched, and beautiful to some I would guess.. Mine IS the personal card, and just give them a call. As a reference the plastic version is 5.3 grams..

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only Personal Platinum is metal. The Points Guy site said Business Platinum is next. No exact date of release though. 

AMEX.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.