cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High FICO score fashion? (High Credit due to Credit Cards)

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: High FICO score fashion? (High Credit due to Credit Cards)

@FinStar wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

As someone who has pulled credit on several hundred people I can tell you that the people who dress fancy (unless required by work) are the ones with horrible credit. The richest guy I've ever met was wearing old Levi's and an off-white walmart t-shirt... his net worth was over $1 billion USD. His FICO's were all > 840. 

I'm certainly no billionare but I wear t-shirts and jeans almost exclusively.

MarineVietVet... are you sure you're not trying to fool us and your t-shirts are exclusively from Zimmereli? Smiley Tongue

Goodness you caught me!!!  Smiley Surprised

Heck I'd never even heard the name Zimmereli until just now.   Smiley Embarassed

Message 21 of 61
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Message 22 of 61
enharu
Super Contributor

Clothing does not determine how rich a person is. For example, just talk to any real estate agent in Beverly Hills or Arcadia, California. There are Chinese buyers who either dress over the top with brand names plastered all over them, or people who dress worse than the gardeners tending to the lawn. Yet they can buy and close escrow within 17 days on properties that cost over 5M.

Dressing well sometimes is a bad thing, such as attracting unnecessary attention from tax authorities.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 61
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JoshNurse wrote:

Billionaire Levis:  http://www.coggles.com/jeans-clothing/men/clothing/levis-vintage-men-s-1954-501-mid-rise-tapered-new...

Billionaire tshirt: http://www.zimmerliofswitzerland.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=02205126

Dont let them fool you they just dont want people to ask them for cash...

I feel a sense of disappointment ... all these years I've been fooled!  I must rush to the nearest FICO Fashion Store and upgrade my wardrobe...IMMEDIATELY!

Message 24 of 61
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Clothing does not determine how rich a person is. For example, just talk to any real estate agent in Beverly Hills or Arcadia, California. There are Chinese buyers who either dress over the top with brand names plastered all over them, or people who dress worse than the gardeners tending to the lawn. Yet they can buy and close escrow within 17 days on properties that cost over 5M.

Dressing well sometimes is a bad thing, such as attracting unnecessary attention from tax authorities.

To be honest I actually wear Kent Wang polos... no branding but they are very high quality with real mother of pearl buttons:

http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-black.html

that will change once I hit a FICO of 800... not sure what I will wear then...

Message 25 of 61
elim
Senior Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

As someone who has pulled credit on several hundred people I can tell you that the people who dress fancy (unless required by work) are the ones with horrible credit. The richest guy I've ever met was wearing old Levi's and an off-white walmart t-shirt... his net worth was over $1 billion USD. His FICO's were all > 840. 

+1

i worked on mega-yachts for years in lauderdale and this is what i noticed. the ones that wore the highest quality clothes wer mostly wannabees and the very VERY wealthy dressed casual/comfortable (some even very dorky in polyester and old sneeks... resembling rodney dangerfield)

so wear whatever the heck you want but, if you want to truly impress and change it up than rent "Back To School" or "caddyshack" and get some ideas

rod.jpg

Message 26 of 61
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I wear jeans and a band t shirt.  But then again my scores are only around ~750... Doubt itll change if I jump up 20 points though.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 27 of 61
taxi818
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

How do people with a credit score of over 770 dress? (High credit due to Credit Cards and on time payments etc..)

I want to step up my game and am learning alot on these forums. 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Golden-Fleece%C2%AE-Slim-Fit-English-Collar-Dress-Shirt/ME01764,defaul...

also are brooks brothers golden fleece polos seen as more mature? I usually always wear rallph lauren or Lacoste but I want to change things up a bit.

Does it really matter?  How does a person with a 660 dress?  How about one with a 550? or 780? or 805? or 850?  Who cares!   I smell Smorgasboard!

OP - you may be interested in this link > http://glo.msn.com/relationships/how-to-stop-comparing-yourself-9471.gallery?photoId=158048

Smiley Surprised

i don't think you will get high 5s because you or anyone else have a high fico. would much rather have high savings account.

Message 28 of 61
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

+1

i worked on mega-yachts for years in lauderdale and this is what i noticed. the ones that wore the highest quality clothes wer mostly wannabees and the very VERY wealthy dressed casual/comfortable (some even very dorky in polyester and old sneeks... resembling rodney dangerfield)

so wear whatever the heck you want but, if you want to truly impress and change it up than rent "Back To School" or "caddyshack" and get some ideas

rod.jpg

Those dorky pants you mention were probably Valentino pants:

http://www.yoox.com/us/36576293KJ/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=36576293KJ&sizeId=2

dorky shoes: 

http://www.yoox.com/us/44736233IW/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44736233IW&sizeId=

either that or they had billions but a low credit score...

Message 29 of 61
skigirl916
Established Contributor

My BF is loaded and has a 830-something FICO.

He picked up his last t-shirts at Target.  

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.