Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Discover Credit Limit

tag
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

Re: Largest Discover limit

That's Awesome! I just got to 34k but at least now I still have something to look forward to.
Message 71 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest Discover Credit Limit

They write a check or pay with a charge card.  At least that's what my uncle does.  Smiley Wink

Message 72 of 74
EW800
Valued Contributor

I know this thread is pushing two years old, however just wondering what the highest Discover CL is that we are aware of these days? I am currently at $63,700. I’ve kicked the idea of hitting the button again, but don’t want to press my luck.

Any other confirmations of limits over this amount?
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 73 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to work at a Chrysler Dodge keep dealership and I remember having a customer come in looking at a new Jeep Cherokee for his finance. She found the one she wanted and asked me if he could put it on his amex card. I didn't know at the time if he could or not but I asked my manager and he said that if he doesn't mind paying the processing fees +5% he would let him do it but he also had to fill out paperwork for the IRS. He ended up doing it at full sticker price I believe $45000 approximately and bought everything on the back end as well (nice payday for me) he was a surgeon. That wasnt the only occasion though. My grandfather came in looking to buy a Dodge journey for his son in law (so I guess my uncle in law) and he put the full purchase price on his credit card. That one was only about $25000 I think. (he bought it from the dealership not me as he knows the owner of the dealership. I wasn't too happy as I'm his grandson but oh well). My grandfather was an attorney (retired now). So that being said it can be done if you find the right dealership.
Message 74 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.