Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Discover Credit Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest Discover Credit Limit

I paid an entire lease in advance with my amex Mercedes platinum card, and earned 5 points per dollar-- which was over 150k points. Obviously this card was marketed to me with this kind of transaction in mind, but the dealer said she had people put their entire cars on the amex before to get the points. Mine was just a lease, but had I purchased the car outright, I would have earned close to 500k points.
Message 51 of 74
drboxing
Established Contributor

Wow! That's a lot of points and good to know. Hopefully one day I'll be there

Message 52 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
^^ agreed, I tired putting $15k down on a BMW last week with a credit card and they said no, 5,000 max.. I not only tried one dealership, I tried contacting 11 dealers and they all said no.

If you're using a Visa card, it is against the rules to lilmit the purchase amount or down payment on a car to a certain dollar amount. 

Interesting...I've never heard of that before! I'll have to look into that! You learn something new everyday, right? Haha. 

I had e-mailed Visa directly right before I purchased a car and they told me the dealer wasn't allowed to place a maximum you can use to pay for a car down payment. In fact, it's against their policy for any merchant to do it. 

Message 53 of 74
ShadowRegent

At $49k here, but that's after having the card for 10+ years and requesting regular CLIs.  I can't imagine any issuer starting someone with a credit limit that high upon application, but if they did, I'm sure it wasn't an instant approval and required some documentation review!

Amex Platinum (NPSL), Amex BCP (80k), Amex ED (70k), Chase Freedom ($59k), Discover It (49k), Chase CS ($33k), Citi Prestige (30.5k), Citi Double Cash (26.9k), Capital One Quicksilver (25k), BofA Cash Rewards (22k), PSECU Visa (20k), Barclaycard Arrival+ (15k), Citi TY (12.2k),

Current Scores: EXP 786 (FICO), TU 807 (FICO), EQ 841 (FICO)
Message 54 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Largest Discover limit

Who has the largest Discover Card limit on this forum?
Message 55 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Largest Discover limit

The highest I've seen was last week 2011beginnings got a CLI to 46,500. Maybe someone who has been here longer knows of someone with more.

Message 56 of 74
baller4life
Super Contributor

Highest I have seen is $63k. Several members over $50k.
Message 57 of 74
thummel
Established Contributor

Iv seen people go past 50K but I think I saw a poster in the past say anything over 50K requires docs. But it has been done.
Message 58 of 74
android01
Valued Contributor

Discover is my next target for 50K.  I've neglected this card for quite some time.  I got a CLI of 5K about two weeks ago to bring it to 29K.  I've had my Discover card since 1986, pretty much when it made its debut.  I didn't know they were now doing SP's for CLI's.  It always used to be a hard pull, and I haven't pursued increases agressively, which now can be done apparently. Smiley Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 59 of 74
baller4life
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Discover is my next target for 50K.  I've neglected this card for quite some time.  I got a CLI of 5K about two weeks ago to bring it to 29K.  I've had my Discover card since 1986, pretty much when it made its debut.  I didn't know they were now doing SP's for CLI's.  It always used to be a hard pull, and I haven't pursued increases agressively, which now can be done apparently. Smiley Happy 

You should definitely be hitting that button every 90 days android. Like you should hit it right now. Smiley Happy That would be an easy $50k+ line for you.

Message 60 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.